Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need advice on getting this old bird started up.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

Keith, we can put all your pictures in a separate site and they will never go away. We enjoy your work and your pictures are fabulous.

Call me and we'll get your pics straightened out. - Dave 248-544-8834
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• tmjsong1aolcom
      Experienced
      • Mar 31 2004

58 Parts Car

If you are going to do another squarebird the price you paid for this one will pale in comparison to what it will cost to round of parts for another one.

I do not know if you have the space, but I personally would part it out and strip every good piece from the bird and then send the carcass or take it to the scrap metal yard.

Squarebird parts are getting harder and harder to find. I have parted out several 58's and do not throw anything out anymore until there is absolutely nothing useful left. Then there is always something useful left.

Good Luck with whatever decision you make.

Unfortunately what you have experienced is not unusual for the squarebird bodies.

Fuz
      58's&64's
      Sun Prairie, Wi
      tmjsong1@aol.com

Comment

• NYsquarebird58
        Experienced
        • Feb 6 2012

Originally posted by tmjsong1aolcom
        If you are going to do another squarebird the price you paid for this one will pale in comparison to what it will cost to round of parts for another one.

I do not know if you have the space, but I personally would part it out and strip every good piece from the bird and then send the carcass or take it to the scrap metal yard.

Squarebird parts are getting harder and harder to find. I have parted out several 58's and do not throw anything out anymore until there is absolutely nothing useful left. Then there is always something useful left.

Good Luck with whatever decision you make.

Unfortunately what you have experienced is not unusual for the squarebird bodies.

Fuz
        58's&64's
        Sun Prairie, Wi
        tmjsong1@aol.com
        I know I could probably get more if I were to part her out, But I just don’t have the time and the space for all that.

I’ll be happy if I get what I have spent on her back and she goes to a good home.

Ideally the new owner would be someone with a garage with lots of tools, patience and excellent metal fabrication skills.

I would really like to walk away from this knowing that my 58’ is better off going to a better home than she would have been, if I never crossed paths with her.

In a long enough timeline we don’t really own these cars; we’re merely good stewards for the time there with us. If we can save a car from going to the scrapper, or pass it along in just a little bit better condition than we found it, than we did a good deed in doing our part in preserving a piece of automotive history.
        VTCI# 11860
        58HT - Thunderbird Registry Number: 37043 (Sold)

60HT - Thunderbird Registry Number: 37252 "Lucille" (Sold)

Comment

This has got to be the best quote I have seen for a long time! Thanks Marcelo

"In a long enough timeline we don’t really own these cars; we’re merely good stewards for the time there with us. If we can save a car from going to the scrapper, or pass it along in just a little bit better condition than we found it, than we did a good deed in doing our part in preserving a piece of automotive history"
          Richard D. Hord

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎