Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wfopossum
    • Oct 19 2009

hotrodsandbrakes disc brake kit

Has anyone tried this kit ? It uses granada rotors and A-body (monte carlo) calipers .It seems like a good kit,here's a link http://hotrodsandbrakes.com/fordbrakekits.aspx
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

Yes, we have seen this kit.
    For Squarebirds, they use the original spindles, same as Scarebird.com does. I like the Scarebird setup much better because it's cheaper and stronger. The parts are nearly identical except for the rotors.

If you use Mustang rotors, your original bearings and grease seals fit. Also, the rotor snout doesn't need to be turned down to accept OEM wheels.

If you buy all your hardware at your local auto parts store, you will save on shipping heavy cast iron parts. So, the only items you really need on a Squarebird are the brackets and bearing spacers. I like many features about purchasing locally. When you buy pads for S-10 calipers, they come in many degrees of soft (all the way up to ceramic), and everyone has them on their shelf.

Check out our Disk Brake Conversion thread. There are over 19,000 posts on this sub. - Dave
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• wfopossum
      • Oct 19 2009

I like the scarebird products but they don't make a bulletbird kit yet.I'll check out the mustang rotors,I searched on here but didn't find much on bulletbird brakes,.

Comment

• Jimz Bird
        Experienced
        • Feb 3 2011

Hi Rob,

On the Scarebird site the link to the 58-60 Birds shows the same as the 57-68 Galaxie Full Size. Perhaps they are the same for your Bird.

One of the guys here will know for sure.
        Jim
        Jimz Greenie with a White Hat and Brown Guts (ZE-XG)
        sigpic

CLICK HERE for Jimz web site

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎