• Show
Clear All
  • RSS Robot
    The Source
    • Jan 29 2007

2013 Ford Mustang GT Convertible

Filed under: Convertible, Performance, Ford, New Car Reviews
    Putting The Finishing Touches On The Poster Child For The Midlife Crisis

Shortly after I turned 16, my father set out to acquire a new car for himself. Dad knew a guy who knew a guy who ran one of those quasi-legal used car lots that specialized in deals-too-good-to-be-true, so, armed with the protection of the referral, he drove off to the wrong side of town to see what might replace the 1980 Ford Fiesta that was about to become my hand-me-down.

When dad came home in a barely used 1987 Mustang GT, my mind was blown. I pestered him to let me drive it the moment he set foot through the door of the house, but was told that I was not allowed, as he had not actually purchased the vehicle, but merely borrowed it for the night. Dad wasn't sure that it was the right car for him, he said, explaining that what drew him to it was that, like the Fiesta, it was a hatchback.

The absurdity of this statement was not lost on me. The Mustang met 110 percent of my automotive fantasies at the time, and even at my young age, I could sense that giving a newly ordained driver access to such a car would be eclipsed in the Pantheon Of Bad Parenting only by introducing your child to hookers and blow. This just made me more furtive and desperate.Continue reading 2013 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
    2013 Ford Mustang GT Convertible originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 11 Jun 2012 11:57:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎