X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Larry Jones
    Experienced
    • Feb 3 2009

oil pressure clip

When looking down at my engine I noticed a little spotting of oil on top where the oil filter is connected. On the top I beleive is the oil pressure clip. It looks like it slided out or doed it pop off. I really cant get my hand to reach without jacking up the car. There is a red wire on top of the item which i would persume gets connected to somewhere under the dish. Is there any maintenance involved with this clip. Or do I just have to keep it cleaned. Also can someone explain the function of this clip. I have a 1962 ford thunderbird convertible with 52000 miles on it. Thanks Larry
  • bird 60
    Super-Experienced
    • Mar 18 2009

Hi Larry, the clip is connected to the oil pressure sender switch. When they poop themselves they'll leak oil. Does your oil light come on in your dash? If it does it means your'e low on oil, but if your oil level is O.K. your sender switch has had the biscuit. If all that's O.K. you could have oil leaking on it from above the unit. The part is in-expensive about $3-$4. It's just a bit of a pain in the butt getting to it but no big deal. If you take it to your machanic to change it it's a 2 minute job & probably won't charge you.

Chris..... From the Land of OZ.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎