No announcement yet.

58 Tbird

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

58 Tbird

I have no power to my brake switch on the master cylinder brake switch.I ran a temporary feed to the switch and the brakes lights work. I checked the fuse on the red wire off the ignition switch and it's ok and my indicators work fine. I also have no power to the clock (fuse ok) and also the horn.
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

Go to the Technical Resource Library and find this electrical drawing: Click HERE

Click on the picture then print it out.

Notice that the GREEN wire coming from the 'A' terminal of your HEADLIGHT SWITCH feeds the stop switch. That 'A' terminal is fused. You should find the fuse on the back side of your headlight switch.
    Remember that this wire is normally ALWAYS ON, so the brake lights work without a key.

I suggest you pull a battery cable off before sticking your hand up the dash. Some of our members have had tragic mishaps from 'mechanics' wearing jewelry. - Dave
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

58 Tbird

Thanks I will investigate. What about no Horn and no clock fuse ok

Comment

• jopizz
        Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Originally posted by philbrennan6
        Thanks I will investigate. What about no Horn and no clock fuse ok
        Check the horn relay on the driver side inner fender below the voltage regulator. The clock connects to the B terminal of the headlight switch. I would start there.

John
        John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
        jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎