No announcement yet.

Found 62 M-Code Hardtop!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

First of all,thanks to all those who helped as I searched for a 63 Tbird. I was fortunate to find a 1962 M-Code hardtop!! It is relatively rust free. Needs the Tri-power put back on the car. The interior also needs help. The car does run,drive and stop. It came from Oregon. I've enclosed some photos just after it got settled in my garage. The hard top M-codes are pretty rare.. Don't know if I'm able to state that since I'm just a newbie.... LOL. Let me know what you think. Mike
    Attached Files
  • Dutchbird
    Experienced

• Dec 20 2005

Hi Mike,

Congratulations on your "new" purchase!
    Make it your car and have fun!!!

Comment

Hey Mike,
      She looks good by the pictures. If the price is right and she is good as she looks, I would jump all over it!!!
      Richard D. Hord

Comment

62 M-code

Richard,
        The price was a steal. I bought this car a few weeks ago! Mike

Comment

• YellowRose
          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Congratulations on your find! She looks to be in pretty good condition. Yup, you might want to put that Tri-Power back on. The V8 Sports M code had 340hp over the Z code 390 with 300hp. This says it was a limited addition engine. I suspect it was made with the '62 Sports Roadster in mind. I could not find any figures on how many M code engines they made, but it is fairly rare, apparently, compared to the Z code. Here is the Automotive Mile Posts website on the '62. You will find a lot of information here about your Tbird. So click the links on the side to look through it and learn more about your "new" bird!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
          The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
          Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
          Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
          https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Dutchbird
            Experienced

• Dec 20 2005

Originally posted by YellowRose
            Congratulations on your find! She looks to be in pretty good condition. Yup, you might want to put that Tri-Power back on.
            Hi Mike,

This should be your goal I suppose, looking real cool:
            Attached Files

Comment

• scumdog
              Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

Originally posted by bul-it
              Richard,
              The price was a steal. I bought this car a few weeks ago! Mike
              Where in Oregon did you get it from?
              A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

• novanutcase
                • Dec 15 2009

Looks like she's pretty much all there.....good find!!!

John

Comment

62 M-code

This M-code Tbird came from Portland,OR. The previous owner had it since 1991. In storage 99% of the time he owned it. The tri-power was removed sometime in the seventies because it was difficult to find mechanics to work on it!!?? It is Beige exterior/Pearl white interior. The best part was the price.... Only $5K!!!. I plan to put the Tri-power back on it. Original color re-paint. Interior. So when I finish this do I move up from Newbie?? LOL

Comment

• Coral
                    Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

Nice find Mike, congrats!

Comment

• YellowRose
                      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Hi Mike,

You get out of the "Newbie" class when you have made a certain amount of posts on the Forum. Unfortunately, the system is not based on what you really know about Tbirds (which would be impossible for it to determine, I would imagine), but on the number of posts each of us make. If it were based on our actual technical knowledge or ability, I would probably still be classified as a "Newbie"! I will post the breakdown in "Anything Goes" for those who do not know...
                      Last edited by YellowRose; January 14, 2010, 12:36 PM.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                      The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                      Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
                      Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                      https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• novanutcase
                        • Dec 15 2009

I'm probably being paranoid but did you get a chance to inspect the car prior to your buying it?

I ask because there's a lot that can be hidden with paint and bondo and I know you've already had one bad experience with rust.

John

Comment

John:
                          Thanks for your concern. This i car has the original paint. There are a few spots with rust. Nothing like the 63 I just sold. It was good experience(or should I say expensive experience) to have taken apart that 63! I feel like I'm more aware of the possible weak spots. Thanks! Mike

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎