X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Ram's '59 Tbird

Here is a picture of Randy Hightower's '59 Tbird he sent me to post for him. Enjoy, and welcome to Squarebirds, Randy!
    Attached Files

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • Coral
    Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

WOW!

Thats about all I can say.... LOL

Comment

Nicccccce!!!
      Love that color.
      Keep up great work Ray!!!

Comment

• Dan Leavens
        Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Randy outstanding colour and love the " dog moon " rims. Are you searching for the door spears to finish the 59 off
        Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
        Thunderbird Registry
        58HT #33317
        60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• Husky35
          Apprentice
          • Jun 29 2006

Love the color too. I have a 59 and those aren't 59 doors. The doors are built specifically with indentations for the spears to mount. No matter unless you are a purist. If fact, had I had the opportunity I probably would have put 60 doors on and nix'd the spears- but I am building a streetrod. Hey wait....I guess I sitll can- its not painted yet....hmmmm

Comment

• RAM
            • Apr 15 2009

Sorry for the delay in replying. I've been working with everyone over in the forums for the carb rebuild.

I bought the car pretty much as is. The fella who had it before me, made some....uh....interesting choices with her, some of which I've subsequently changed back, but they weren't all bad. I gotta say right off the bat, I'm not much of a purist, but I definitely understand those who are. I think it's a gorgeous car, and the all white interior makes me smile when I'm driving it. The green color is something special (it has a flake in it up close), but the paint does need to be redone. I think I'm keeping the color cause I'm kind of attached to it. I won't be putting any more chrome on the car than is already there. I love how clean and smooth it looks. I've never even seen another one on the road, and judging by the head snapping and the stoplight comments, not many others have either.

Being a relatively young guy (30 this year), it's absolutely amazing to find such an awesome resource so full of helpful people. I've already spent countless hours reading through articles about all things Thunderbird. Thanks for the welcome, and keep up the great work everyone.

Randy Highsmith
            Sacramento, Ca.
            1959 Hardtop

Comment

• Anders
              Super-Experienced
              • Jan 19 2008

Thatīs one mean green machine. Realy nice!
              sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
              http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

That is a nice color. Can I ask, is the color code W. Would it be the color Tamarack? Exclusive to Thunderbird color offered only in 1959. The color chart says Dark green metalic. I have never seen one that color before, pretty rare I would guess. Very nice.

Color chart:
                Last edited by Guest; May 15, 2009, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• RAM
                  • Apr 15 2009

Thank you.

Honestly, I don't know what color it is, but I'm pretty sure it's not original. There's some bubbling in a few spots, and it looks like it might be white underneath. I'm thinking someone was probably shooting for a color close to an original TBird color, but it's all guesswork. I do love it though, and I'm in the process of finding a close paint match to have it repainted this color.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Comment

• my61brd
                    Apprentice
                    • Jun 4 2009

Very Nice '59!
                    Since you're in Sacramento,are you going to bring it to Midnight Mass July 25th??

Comment

• joser's 60
                      • Apr 12 2009

hey some one i can call a youngster . just joking you have a sweet ride!
                      joser tbird registry # 33403

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎