X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jmdortch48
    • Nov 5 2013

64 Restore

Hey gents,

Just wanted to drop in and let you guys know ill be keeping the restoration of my 64 hardtop on a blog. Feel free to check it out, and I'd love to hear what you guys think.

• jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Sounds like you learned the first lesson when buying classic cars unseen; expect the worst. Without any rust issues you're ahead of most of us though. It's a shame that you're going back to the original color. That coral is eye catching. I would say take plenty of pictures but it seems someone did the disassembly for you already. Make sure you have a shop manual handy. You'll need it to put everything back correctly. Good luck.

John
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• jmdortch48
      • Nov 5 2013

Hey John,

Yeah the car came to me with a trunk full of parts and like I said in the blog, various odds and ends strewn about the interior.

My first priority has been to essentially catalog everything I have so I know what's missing. So far it seems to only be a couple small trim pieces and the steering wheel (ouch.) so hopefully getting everything together won't be too much of a hassle.

I already picked up the body and trim installation manual, and the shop manual is next on the list. Thanks for checking it out.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎