X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RustyNCa
    Super-Experienced
    • May 31 2007

What 9" would a 58 have?

Do our cars have a small bearing rear end, large bearing or ....?

Just wondering, a local gent is selling a Wilwood 9" rear brake setup, which would match well with my front Wilwood brakes.

But I don't know which 9" my tbird would have.

Thanks
    RustyNCA
  • protourbird
    Experienced
    • Apr 29 2008

Rusty,
    Go to the Stainless Steel Brakes website, ssbrakes.com, and they have a section on identifying the rear ends. You can do it by measuring the the bolt pattern on the retainer plate.
    sigpic
    Jim

protourbird

Comment

• RustyNCa
      Super-Experienced
      • May 31 2007

Originally posted by protourbird
      Rusty,
      Go to the Stainless Steel Brakes website, ssbrakes.com, and they have a section on identifying the rear ends. You can do it by measuring the the bolt pattern on the retainer plate.
      Thanks, I was trying to be lazy and see if anyone knew without me looking at my car.

To be frank, it's a pain to get the rear wheels off my bird, they hang up on the old drums. You have to jack the car up, put it on stands, lower the rear end and right now undo the shock on one side to get the drivers side wheel out.... Wasn't a problem till we went and made an adjustable pan rod bar and aligned the car...

Comment

• byersmtrco
        Super-Experienced
        • Sep 28 2004

I'm pretty sure ours are the "larger" ones. I read on a Mustang website (by accident during my 14x7 wheel search) that the 59-60 TBird axle is popular w/Mustang owners because it's the beefier version and the spring perches are taller, there fore lowering a Mustang (or other) an inch w/o other mods.

I am also interested in rear disc. It's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than original, but then I drive something late model . . . And it's "eeeh". Plus, it is a hard pedal. Even w/the pwr asst.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎