X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • danowens3
    Experienced
    • Dec 29 2005

Windshield

Anyone know where to get a new windshield for a 1960 Thunderbird hardtop? Mine has some pitting from being a Texas car and I hate to put it back into a freshly sandblasted then painted car. Thanks, Dan
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

RE: Windshield

There are new windshields available. There is one on eBay now. Make sure it has the right curvature. Some reproductions do not have the curve going from the cowl to the roof. They are essentially straight there.

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

• mvonhobe
      Apprentice
      • Jul 11 2003

RE: Windshield

I bought a nice, used one from a certain East-Coast T-Bird parts house and it was awesomely packed and shipped. The delivery fella DROPPED the crate off the back end of the truck and the windshield ended up with, well, a FLEXIBLE side wing. Nertz....
      Recently, I contacted a local (Canon City, CO) glass shop to see if they would be willing to install a used windshield, since the aforementioned East-Coast shop had another one. They said, wellllll, yeah, but they couldn't be responsible for breakage. Understood. Well, they said, what was the windshield for? A 59 T-Bird, I said. Let me look that up, she said. Oh, here's a brand new one from one of our suppliers in Salt Lake City, which we could get here in a couple days and install for.....$300? Yes, it's tinted with the dark stripe at the top. Couldn't say YES fast enough.
      This seems to be an anomaly - I'd checked before and was quoted $800 - $1,200 for a new one, without the top to bottom curve. Now, this one does NOT have said curve but my Bird isn't for show, though, just for keeping the rain off my face.
      So, ummmm, miracles DO happen!

Matthew
      1959 Turquoise HT
      Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Matthew 1959 Indian Turquise Hardtop
      Tbirdregistry RegistryNumber=13517
      http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdatasheet.aspx?RegistryNumber=13517

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎