Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help - what is the proper vacuum advance unit?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GTE427
    Super-Experienced
    • Oct 9 2007

I'm looking for a bumper jack if that's available
    Ken
    1959 J Convertible
    1960 J Hardtop

Comment

• tbird430
      Super-Experienced
      • Jun 18 2007

Don't forget to get the VIN's & data plate info off each of these cars & a general description of what options u can see were on each car. That info is invaluable to Alan Tast & others on here!!
      sigpic
      The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

You just stoled the wind sheild out of the 60

Comment

• vernz
          Experienced
          • Jul 12 2008

GTE427 - there were no more bumper jacks. However, there is one trunk I could not get into. The lock core is gone but I couldn't figure out what to turn or push with my screwdriver to get it open. Any Hints on that? There might be some nice treasures in that trunk.
          I'll get pictures of the data plates. One plate I did notice was a 59 that was only a couple hundred later than mine.
          I seem to remember that someone was looking for thunderbird wheels. There are a bunch of them between all the cars.

Vern

Comment

• GTE427
            Super-Experienced
            • Oct 9 2007

I was looking for original wheels, and that was going to be my next question. I am still interested in wheels that are in good shape and free of heavy rust and pitting. Once the cars sit in the elements and in the mud, water collect on the rim and can do them in, not to mention rusting/pitting on the bead area. If you go back, I'd appreciate you taking a look for me, especially if the wheels were spares or somehow protected from the elements. I'll PM you my number and we can dicuss the details. Thanks again.
            Ken
            1959 J Convertible
            1960 J Hardtop

Comment

• orwin
              1960 Tbird
              • Jun 17 2008

Found - vacuum advance

This thread somehow moved off topic, but if anyone is interested I was able to get the correct, working vacuum advance for my 430 distributor. The part is from www.brilesvintageautoparts.com, their part #4-1308, for $39.99.
              This is just the diaphragm assembly. You will have to use your old fitting with spring, washers, etc. I tested it with my "Mityvac" and it works just fine. The guy who runs the place, "Mike" said he has a few more left.

- John
              1960 430HT
              John Orwin
              1960 HT 430
              VTCI #11290
              Tbird Registry #1590

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎