One week without smoking!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

One week without smoking!!!

Feeling great!!
    30 years of smoking has come to an end!!!
    Thought it would be harder than it was.Just getting over the mind set of grabbing 'em.
  • Petrolhead
    Experienced
    • Jul 2 2007

Originally posted by El Guapo
    Feeling great!!
    30 years of smoking has come to an end!!!
    Thought it would be harder than it was.Just getting over the mind set of grabbing 'em.
    Mate, if you have withdrawl symptoms, smoke the tires instead. Expensive, but much more rewarding.

Comment

• SandyBoy
      Super-Experienced
      • Oct 31 2002

Me too

I am on my 4th year, no cigarettes! Shortly AFTER I quit, the brand I smoked was taken off the market. (I guess I supported it!). But...then I switched to Cigars. Cigars (good ones) are much much much harder to quit, as it's a "cult" of sorts. I mean, I belonged to a group of guys that hung out at a cigar store that had a lounge, pool tables, free eats on Friday eves, free booze, if you joined the club (I did not) and good friends. But, I walked away from it all....and have been smoke-free now, for 2 years and 7 months. You can do it ! When the urge finally goes away, you'll experience a great feeling from within of glowing pride !

Comment

• Penelope
        Super-Experienced
        • Mar 4 2008

Congrats to you. I just went past my 10th anniversary smoke free. It does give you a feeling of accomplishment. The sad thing is the food tastes better...now just get to get that diet back on track

Bill
        sigpicBill
        Thunderbird Registry 21903 & 33405

Comment

I know I've put on 5 lbs. and my girls a great cook..
          sandy Boy I've got to hand it to you givin up a sweet set up like that has got to be tough..
          Thanks for the good words boys..It really helps to have people behind you ..Because of all the grief youd recieve going back!
          Cheers

Comment

• SandyBoy
            Super-Experienced
            • Oct 31 2002

When ya cut thru the forest ~ it all becomes an issue of mind-over-matter! You just "do it". and then it's all behind you. Your health will improve, you'll not tire out so much, you'll have ALOT more $$$$ in your wallet and you'll enjoy your food more.
            Yes....you will eat more, but snack on good things, with low(er) calories.

I am still fighting my Cancer, but it's not lung. My Lungs, my Dr. said are text-book perfection. It's Colon Cancer, (no, I never smoked a cigar in my butt) ~~ but my Dr. (HEAD of the Cancer care center, at 1 of the largest hospitals in N.J.) says my progress has been nothing short of fantastic !
            (A 77 percent remission, in 6 months!) 23% to go.

From a fat (pant size 48) to a lean trim size 42 and from 263 pounds to 197 !!
            I exercise, I eat well and I don't deny myself. Yes, I eat pizza and candy once in a while. But, 90% of the time I eat healthy. Salads, potartoes, soups, dairy, and meat & Deli, but....meat & deli MUST be 100% Kosher.
            None of that filler junk nor preservitives the major players fill their "turkey" with. Fresh, store cooked kosher. No chemicals in my salami, please!

Air. When you crave a smoke....go for a walk in the fresh air. Take deep breaths of fresh air. Suck it in. Really, it works! Instead of sucking in tobacco smoke, suck in clean air. Walk in the park. The foliage from trees and vegitation is good for you.
            The rewards are YOUR health !
            Good Luck, and never give up. I was devistated when Dr. told me I had Colon Cancer. I survived a 3 hour surgery, to remove 10 inches of colon.
            Today? I feel great, have made a 77% inroad to being cancer-free.
            I go for a 3 hour treatment every other Wednesday, IN the hospital. Dr. says I will achieve the goal of 100% by Early August !! 90 days!
            I could not have done it with cigars, nor cigarettes.
            It's mind-over-matter and a deep burning desire to control your life, the reward of which is.....your life!

Comment

• fomoco59
              Super-Experienced
              • Jun 10 2005

Two years ago I stopped cigs after 35 years and went to Skoal.. I know... worse... and HARDER to quit because you can use it most all the time. Now I quit that and am hooked on the Commit Lozenges.... getting closer tho. Ya notice how smokers stink now?
              sigpic
              Mike Lemmon
              '59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461

Comment

Just got the Commits..Got the 2mg and thier strong..can only take 1 maybe 2 a day but i tell you what I dont even think of a smoke after 1 of those .. especially if you happen to swallow.
                played a show this weekend and everyone was smoking..except ME! I just enjoyed the 2nd hand smoke..Is that cheating?...

Comment

• SandyBoy
                  Super-Experienced
                  • Oct 31 2002

Mind over matter. Don't let the cigarette control you.
                  How would YOU deal with hearing your Doctor tell you
                  that your tests reveal lung cancer ? There is NO
                  turning back. There is NO pill.
                  What there IS ... is hopelessness.

Go to Church, Synagogue....whatever. Pray for guidence,
                  support. Make a pledge to your creator, that you will
                  treat the healthy body he gave you with respect.

I did it. It worked. Do whatever works for you.
                  Just quit.....before it's too late.

Comment

• Penelope
                    Super-Experienced
                    • Mar 4 2008

Hey EG, hows the non-smoking going? Are you still winning the battle? I found after a while that I had nightmares where I had dreamt that I had accepted a smoke at parties etc (anywhere drinking actually) and woke up very annoyed at myself. I figure after that I must have really wanted to give up, even though it was the Department of Military & Defence (wife) who wanted me to quit.

Bill
                    sigpicBill
                    Thunderbird Registry 21903 & 33405

Comment

• SandyBoy
                      Super-Experienced
                      • Oct 31 2002

By the way...

By the way, my wife quit together with me. If your partner smokes. you will not be able to quit. One gives the other courage. Put away your ash trays, hide them. Unless "special" or expensive, throw out your lighters, too.
                      Think also about the money you are burning up. 9 months before I quit cigars I had "graduated" to the finer things in "life" and was smoking $10.00 cigars ! 2 a day. $20.00 @ day x 30 & 1/2 days a month = $610.00 A MONTH ! times 9 months $ 5,500.00 - I could use that right about now to pay my car insurance for the year as well as my rented garage for a year !!

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎