X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Do We Have A Deal 4 U!!!

Our intrepid webmaster, Dave Dare ~ simplyconnected, jack of all trades, and master of all, has come up with a deal you cannot afford to turn down!

As you Paid Members know, from reading in the Members Only Forum, Dave has been building and marketing solid state Constant Voltage Regulators (CVR) to replace those old mechanical OEM versions, many of which are being made in China these days. I had one vendor tell me that they are having quality control problems with some of those. These older mechanical type CVR units sell from $12 used to $24-$35 new, plus shipping. Then you have to worry about whether or not you just bought a Chinese defect!

This unit does the same thing that the original OEM version does, only better and it is American made. (Dave tells me that he was "made" in Chicago!) It is a solid state unit. However, the other available solid state unit costs you between $50 and up to $54.95 plus shipping.

So here is the "deal"! Sooner or later, you are gonna have problems with that mechanical CVR unit, and sometimes more than once as in my case. Instead of buying the old OEM version, buy the new solid state version from Dave. You can install it and forget it. This unit has been available only to Paid Members of this Forum for only $25 until now, a big savings over the other solid state version. Customers all over the world are very satisfied with the results.

He will sell his guaranteed for life, solid state CVR to non-paid members for $35 plus $7 US shipping, (including domestic insurance). But if you become a Paid Member, you can buy it for $25+ like the other Paid Members can! It is like getting your Paid Membership for FREE (with all the other benefits of it) compared to buying the other solid state version for $50-$55 plus shipping. What a deal!

If you buy Dave's solid state CVR unit you MUST send him your old unit because he is going to build your solid state unit right in the old container. In addition, he is marketing a test set for $10 plus shipping that you can use to test your gauges.

Here is a link that shows what Dave does to convert your old non-solid state CVR to solid state.

http://squarebirds.org/Electrical/CV...StateRetrofit/

The CVR was used in 1957-1966 across all F/L/M cars and trucks. They have always been a source of problems if they hit the 6v gauges with a full 12v.

However, the cure for fixing this problem of 12v being passed on to the gauges and damaging them is the solid state CVR. It will not allow 12v to be passed through it to the gauges. It will shut itself down to prevent that. When working properly, you will get a solid 6v to our 6v gauges and eliminate this problem.

So save yourselves some major headaches, and money and get a FREE Paid Membership (compared to the cost of the other solid state version). When you need another CVR buy this one!

To quote JohnG:

Originally posted by JohnG
    nice work , Dave!!

This is valuable for several reasons: a) if your oldie goes and sticks in the 12V position, you can fry your gauges b) it's far more accurate so your gauges might be more accurate and c) it's American made with American labor
    The above information is now in the Technical Resource Library (TRL)
    Last edited by YellowRose; April 8, 2013, 01:30 PM.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • seeker2736
    • May 20 2014

Daves CVR

How does one order one of these from Dave

Comment

• YellowRose
      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Do We Have A Deal 4 U!!!

Ralph, If you want to buy one at the Non-Paid Member price, either email or send Dave ~ simplyconnected a Private Message and he can provide you with additional information.

If you want to buy one at the Paid Member price, go to the top of the Forum, to the Donate To Site button, click on it, and go through PayPal to become a Paid Member. Then, as a Paid Member email or send Dave a PM notifying him that you are a Paid Member and he will provide you with additional information.
      Last edited by YellowRose; June 25, 2015, 10:40 AM.

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

• simplyconnected
        Administrator
        • May 26 2009

I guess when it rains, it pours. Ray, second59 from Calgary, Alberta, just asked about a new solid state CVR.

I will PM seeker2736 regarding how to order one for his T-bird. - Dave
        Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
        --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• W.denzer
          • Jun 25 2015

Hi, if you are Dave Dare, I am a new square bird member, I am interested in the CVRs you develop. The site is tough to navigate, not even sure of this page.
          If you could help me, w.denzer@yahoo.com. that would be great so I could get a cvr. Todays date, 6/25/15.

Comment

• YellowRose
            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Do We Have A Deal 4 U!!!

William, I am not Dave Dare ~ simplyconnected, our webmaster. He will see this though I am sure. If you want to get one of his solid state CVR units at the Paid Member donation price, just read through this thread. You will find the information there to do so. To make it simple for you, if you want the special arrangement he has set up, become a Paid Member by going to the top right of this Forum and click on Donate to Site. That will take you to PayPal and will qualify you for the special pricing for Paid Members that he is offering. Otherwise, send Dave a Private Message and talk with him about this. I am sorry you are having some problems using our Forum. It should be operating much like any other Forum using vBulletin software.

Comment

• Richard Honeycutt
              Apprentice
              • Oct 8 2007

CVR Still available?

Dave,
              Do you still have CVR's for sale? Also what information do have about a sets set? I don't have an old one to send to you.
              Regards,
              Richard Honeycutt
              (Blue Angel )

Comment

• simplyconnected
                Administrator
                • May 26 2009

I sent a PM to you, Richard.

--Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Richard Honeycutt
                  Apprentice
                  • Oct 8 2007

Have a CVR from you that's gone bad

I have a CVR you made for me that seems to be malfunctioning.
                  The output voltage is a constant 5 volts, it never varies. I can't remember when you made it for me and I have no paperwork. I read you give a lifetime guarantee, does that still apply since I have no paperwork. If it is not still under warranty how much to repair it?
                  Please advise. I renewed my membership this evening.
                  Thanks,
                  Richard Honeycutt

Comment

• simplyconnected
                    Administrator
                    • May 26 2009

Originally posted by Richard Honeycutt
                    I have a CVR you made for me that seems to be malfunctioning.
                    The output voltage is a constant 5 volts, it never varies. I can't remember when you made it for me and I have no paperwork. I read you give a lifetime guarantee, does that still apply since I have no paperwork. If it is not still under warranty how much to repair it?
                    Please advise. I renewed my membership this evening.
                    Thanks,
                    Richard Honeycutt
                    Richard, if you believe your CVR is malfunctioning, send it back to me, no questions asked and no paperwork is necessary because I recognize my work and the components I use. My address is:
                    Dave Dare
                    2112 N. Vermont Ave.
                    Royal Oak, MI 48073-4204

Once you have one of my CVRs, membership to Squarebirds.org is no longer a consideration.

My CVRs output a regulated and steady voltage. They do not oscillate or pulse like mechanical CVRs. By your description, your CVR is working properly but let's get more info.

Which gauges are malfunctioning? What are they doing or not doing?

I do not charge for testing or a replacement but if there is nothing wrong with your CVR, I will ask for return postage. In any case, I want your gauges to work properly. - Dave

--Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Richard Honeycutt
                      Apprentice
                      • Oct 8 2007

Originally posted by simplyconnected
                      I sent a PM to you, Richard.
                      Dave,
                      My Fuel and temperature gages are powered by the CVR, however either gage move from empty and cold position. Using a 9 volt battery I can make both gages register. I have checked, and double checked the wiring. If you feel the CVR is functioning correctly i'll accept your judgement. Frankly, I'm at my wit's end. Any suggestions from you will be appreciated.
                      Regards,
                      Richard Honeycutt

Comment

• simplyconnected
                        Administrator
                        • May 26 2009

Richard, send it to me. - Dave

--Lee Iacocca

Comment

• vermbird
                          Experienced
                          • Jul 22 2009

enjoyed dave's (simply connected) tutorial on the refurbishment of the cvr, nice demo and photos.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎