X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JBird
    Experienced
    • May 22 2005

Engine Identification

Can anyone with access to the serial numbers tell me what kind of engine I have in my J-Bird?

I know it's a 430 but suspect it's been replaced with a 430 from a 1961 Lincoln because the engine is blue and the pulley on the water pump says C1VE and the pump color is the same as the block, which should have been black.

The serial number(s) on the block are as follows. They have been "overstamped". What looks like an original serial is faint but readable and is in 1/8" font. That serial number says 4-7B01 and the numbers have been overstamped with a 1/4" font that reads 4-3532 ER

I do know the door tag says the car is a J code and the title number matches the door VIN and the engine is definatly a 430.

Can anyone tell me what engine I have for sure and how to document it.

Thanks,

Dave
  • tmjsong1aolcom
    Experienced
    • Mar 31 2004

RE: Engine Identification

What is the vin # on your bird?? The only way to tell if your eninge and assorted parts are correct for your bird and then there is no gurantee is to find the casting numbers and date codes for all the pieces. I am not a 430 person but will post locations after I review the VTCI concourse rules.

Fuz
    58's&64's
    Sun Prairie, Wi.

Comment

• KULTULZ

Later 430

CIVE and the Date Code 7B01 points to a 1961 LINC 430. If it was replaced as a complete asm, it has smaller heads (2V) that the origional engine. They did put the 4V intake back on it didn't they?

Are there any other casting marks on the LF engine skirt?

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎