No announcement yet.

Finally got my transmission serviced

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got my transmission serviced

Well today I finally got my transmission service and the good news is that the transmission is ok but the band adjustment is just about out of treads. So what does this mean well it could mean a new transmission or an overhaul of what I have now in the future. Oh well what can you expect from a car that's over 40 years old. Now the bad news is that the mechanic that was doing the transmission adjustment noticed that I have a leaky exhaust gasket opposite the one that I just repaired. So now I have a place to put that extra gasket and I hope with a little bb blaster solvent those little bolts will just fly oft. Boy does it never end? Oh yes I will be soon be installing a new fuel pump filter and a new gas tank sending unit-this is the never ending story of a boy and his dog but with me its my wallet. Jon

Now how do I post just a picture again, please someone help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

Either click on the little icon that looks like a mountain and the sun above the screen you type in your message and copy the URL of your picture. Or, as a member, you can click on the icon of the paper clip and upload the image from your computer directly into your message.
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

• byersmtrco
      Super-Experienced
      • Sep 28 2004

Off the trans topic . . . Alexander, how do you have the pictures of both your cars in your signature. I "thought" I had added a picture to mine, it shows being there, but it doesn't show in the posts.
      I told you . . . computer dummy.

On the trans picture, I'm curious to see that myself. Now he says there is little or no adj left ?

Comment

• Alexander
        Webmaster
        • Oct 30 2002

I fixed your signature picture.
        Alexander
        1959 Hard Top
        1960 Golde Top
        sigpic

Comment

• byersmtrco
          Super-Experienced
          • Sep 28 2004

Thanks.
          What had I done wrong?

Comment

• Alexander
            Webmaster
            • Oct 30 2002

You had a signature picture, but no [sig] [/sig] script in your signature for the picture to be inserted.
            Alexander
            1959 Hard Top
            1960 Golde Top
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍