Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jandjinfla
    • May 18 2014

engine fuel additive

What's the best brand fuel additive you would recommend for my 1960 T-Bird 352 motor or are they all pretty much the same?
  • Tbird1044
    Super-Experienced
    • Jul 31 2012

Are you looking for an octane booster, cleaner or lead substitute. I started using lead additives in my old Chevy van, since I didn't have the hardened seats installed. I used to tow a boat and after I started using the additive, I never had a problem. There are several available out there.
    Nyles

Comment

• del
      Retired Expert Enthusiast
      • May 11 2010

Lead Additive

Originally posted by jandjinfla
      What's the best brand fuel additive you would recommend for my 1960 T-Bird 352 motor or are they all pretty much the same?
      I've been using Motor Medic Lead Additive , but I have used others and I haven't noticed any differences. It does seem to have gone up in price. It is upwards of $5 for 12 OZ I try to use about 8oz per fill-up of 91 octane ethanol free.
      Regards,
      Don Vincent
      Amherst NY
      1960 HT 352
      TBird Registry 34042

Comment

• jandjinfla
        • May 18 2014

Thanks for the reply
        Looking for a recommendation for an octane booster

Comment

• Tbird1044
          Super-Experienced
          • Jul 31 2012

If your willing to spend the $$$$, I think you can buy Aviation fuel at 100 octane and I believe it still has lead in it. Bit pricey, but it depends on how much you drive. Been a while since I've been flying, but I think my specs are still good today. They care more about airplanes falling out of the sky than a car with premature failures.
          Nyles

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎