Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

62 Trans gear selector just not quite there.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

62 Trans gear selector just not quite there.

My 62 Tbird, trans was rebuilt about 10k miles ago, back in 1985, yea, not many miles on it over all these years. The shift lever holds in all the gears pretty well, no feeling that it would drop out of park or other selected gears, I found an OLD dentent pc in the glove box so someone has replaced it along the years.
    Issue I have is that it is hard to get into park, really have to give it a good push to go into it and at that point it has dropped into reverse. I don't feel it is the dentent as much as maybe the linkage at the trans may need a tiny adjustment to allow it to easily go into park. If I put in park and slide the wheel to the right it stays in park and does not pop out. Wheel in normal placement, again it wants to pop out and I don't trust to leave in park with out a ROCK behind the wheels, ha ha ha
  • jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

You mentioned that you had the shop manual. Use it. There are instructions in there on how to adjust the manual linkage. It's easy to do.

John
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• simplyconnected
      Administrator
      • May 26 2009

Originally posted by jopizz
      You mentioned that you had the shop manual. Use it. There are instructions in there on how to adjust the manual linkage. It's easy to do.

John
      I agree with John. Always go to the Shop Manual first. That is our first reference. If you have questions that are not covered in the Shop Manual, we're here to help. - Dave
      Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
      --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎