No announcement yet.

New Carb GREAT

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Carb GREAT

This week end I put a Edelbrock 1406 on the 59 and it is GREAT. Thanks for all the help everyone gave me.
    Bob M

Hey Bob could you keep track of your milage and let us know how much fuel your burning?
    Thinking of dropping from a 750 cfm.
    Thanks

Comment

I picked up the calibration kit for my 1406 a while back and loved the ease of changing out metering rods and springs. soooo easy and well worth having, just my 2 cents.

hey guapo, dump the 750 and go tripower with me - Althought you would have it running before me

Comment

Right after I win the lottery!!
        Trying to drop a 428 CJ and Tremec 5 speed in Chiquita or at least the Tremec.
        But I do have your pix for screen savers.
        Let me know if you find a screamin deal on a manifold and carbs
        Tunning those scares the **** out of me.

Comment

Guapo - I have a hi res copy of that pic. If you want it.

Bob - how did the 1406 run for you, right out of the box? did you do much tuning?

Comment

• YellowRose
            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

New Carb GREAT

Although that question was asked of Bob if he had to do any tuning on his 1406 once he put it on, I will answer it also. My 1406 went on last Friday. It required no tuning. It was a bolt on affair right out of the box and no linkage kit was required either. It runs GREAT!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
            The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
            Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
            Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
            https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

All I did was open the box and put it on and it runs great no tunning, But I have to tell you I took it out on 71 and was running about 60 steped on it and I was running about 75 before it shiffted to 3 gear and that scared me and I let up as I don't want to blow my trammy. I will be taking a 300 mi trip the last of this mo for Marti's 50 school Grad.party I will let youall know about milage when I get back Love the new Carb.

Comment

Same here. took it out the box put it on and it started. So far so good. We better stop giving these a plug or there going to be raisin the price!

Comment

• FeFranco
                  Experienced
                  • Jan 13 2007

EG, that 750 is huge. If you are looking for mileage a 600 cfm carb should put you in a good mpg area and still get you out of trouble when the need arises. Save the 750 for the CJ 428.
                  Last edited by FeFranco; June 3, 2008, 02:27 AM. Reason: add 750

Comment

• byersmtrco
                    Super-Experienced
                    • Sep 28 2004

Don't wanna say told-ya-so (Kidding)

They are good carbs. I'm glad they're working out for you guys.

In these days of $4 + and climbing, we have to do what we can to be able to drive these things. It makes sense for the environment as well.
                    If they're burnin less gas, prob poluting less (a little?)

Comment

Your right I don't smell the raw gas anymore. I might put one on my 71 mark III only a little bigger.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎