X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill A
    Apprentice
    • Jan 14 2012

Motorcraft 2100 carb adjustments

Hi to all. I have a Motorcraft 2100 carb on my 352. I believe its a 1963 vintage (someone did a swap in the past). The car runs well but I recently lowered the fast and hot idle rpm's. That went well but some of the choke adjustment specs are not given. I have the choke cover set properly but there is a screw behind the choke housing that positions the choke plate when engine is cold. The manual says to set it to specifications but I can't find any specs on that. Should there be a gap between the air-horn and the choke plate when you press on the gas pedal before stating? If so, how much? Or should the choke plate close tight at start-up (cold engine)?

Thanks,

Bill A
  • Yadkin
    Banned
    • Aug 11 2012

Typically that gap is 1/8". Set it by using a drill bit held up against the vertical wall of the carb throat.

Comment

• Bill A
      Apprentice
      • Jan 14 2012

Gap

Thanks for the info. If I remember correctly that was the gap I used for my 1969 390 2 BBL. For whatever reason I thought it would be tighter in this case. I'll try it and see if it makes a difference.

Regards,

Bill A

Comment

• jopizz
        Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Normally with the choke set at the 1/8 inch spec the fast idle screw should be on the second highest lobe on the cam. There should be a circle or an arrow there.

John
        John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
        jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• KULTULZ

I believe I have an original Spec Sheet for the 2100. I will try to dig it out MON and send it to YellowRose for posting.

Think of the 2100 as a 4100 without the secondary's.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎