X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anders
    Super-Experienced
    • Jan 19 2008

Originally posted by YellowRose
    Welll, I am back from my test run, after oiling up the distributor per Barts (and others) instructions. I found that flip down oiler hole on the drivers side of the distributor. I also found my old oil can I had not seen in a long time. It was hiding behind something else. I was able to get the long nozzle of the oil can in there and squirt about 7-8 shots of oil into it. I had already oiled the shaft.

I turned the engine over and let it warm up before taking off in it. I drove it for a few minutes and it was working fine! No rough idling at all. Purring like a kitten. Then I made the mistake of driving it back up into my driveway... It is on a slight incline, if that has any bearing.. It started idling rough again in D1, L, D2, Reverse. I moved it back and forth to see if it would go away and it did not. Soooo, I put Rose back in the nest and went disgustedly back into the house again.

Whatever problem I have was not fixed by doing what I did above, though at first, I thought it might have been. I was not that lucky. Bart says it might be time to pull the top of the carb off and check the float bowls for trash/rust/gunk in them. Maybe it is. Or check for fouled spark plugs.
    When I took my carburator apart, there was stuff all over the place. Mostly sand I belewe. In the bottom of where the float bows are located, I kind of rescued a tablespoon of gunk....
    Whatever might cause your problem, it must be a good thing to have clean carburators anyway.
    sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
    http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎