X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meridious
    Experienced
    • Nov 16 2007

Air conditioning cores/parts/kits

I need to replace the AC core (in front of radiator) in my 1960 and am having trouble finding one.

I would like to go through my AC system and give it a rebuild. I've heard of classic-air...and I see they sell kits for NON-AC T-birds...and offer some re-builds...but they don't offer the AC core.

The Birds Nest does not offer it, either.

I discovered that (one of) the reasons my AC was not working was that a previous owner of the car apparently slammed something into the core, ruining about 6-inches of it diagnally and down the core.

Even if this could be repaired (doesn't look like it could be) I would not know who to send it to.

Anyone with any experience or knowledge of dealers who sell these parts?

I'd like to replace the lines and the evaporator, and have the compressor rebuilt (or get a new/rebuilt one if cost is near the same) as well.

The bird's nest does sell the compressor and the dryer.

Thanks,

Merid

PS: The new search tool on this site will not allow words with less than 4-letters, so although I have searched the site for answers, I cannot use the terms AC or Air and have to use 'conditioning' in the hopes of finding anything.

I have PMed Alexander about this, but it has not been fixed. You can no longer use ANY sentence/phrase that has a word that has less than 4 characters, which makes searching EXTREMELY difficult now.

Especially if you need to look up threads about an engine, IE: 352, etc.
    Last edited by Meridious; March 17, 2008, 09:54 AM.
  • byersmtrco
    Super-Experienced
    • Sep 28 2004

It's the condenser. Use that term. I've seen them.
    They can be repaired as well.

Comment

• Meridious
      Experienced
      • Nov 16 2007

Originally posted by byersmtrco
      It's the condenser. Use that term. I've seen them.
      They can be repaired as well.
      Thanks. I would not have called it that...I'm so used to radiator core, heater core, etc.

Now that I know the correct terminology, I have found everything I need. I am fairly sure I want to go with the Sanden compressor even though it glares "modification" when the hood is opened. Their (Classic-Air's) condensers, hose kits, mounting brackets.... and pricing looks very good.
      Last edited by Meridious; March 17, 2008, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎