Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 19thunderbird66
    • Mar 7 2010

Brake self adjuster w/LH threads

Doin a complete rear brake job on th 'ol '66.when I dumped all the 'lil doo-dads and springs and such from the soaking pot(both rear brake assemblies)discovered one of the self adjusters has REVERSE or left-hand threads.Can someone tell which goes on which side?Can't find any R or L markings on the adjusters.Help save me a lot of "trial and error" finding out.Is it obvious like"left hand threads on the left hand side?? Help!!! bob howard
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

Think of it this way:
    With the lever in front, pushing the star wheel down, the star wheel expands. This takes up the brakes.

Put the star wheel in your hand, the way it goes on your brake shoes, and try it. - Dave
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• RustyNCa
      Super-Experienced
      • May 31 2007

Originally posted by 19thunderbird66
      Doin a complete rear brake job on th 'ol '66.when I dumped all the 'lil doo-dads and springs and such from the soaking pot(both rear brake assemblies)discovered one of the self adjusters has REVERSE or left-hand threads.Can someone tell which goes on which side?Can't find any R or L markings on the adjusters.Help save me a lot of "trial and error" finding out.Is it obvious like"left hand threads on the left hand side?? Help!!! bob howard
      FWIW, I always only do one side at a time, so I can look at the other side to remember how it goes back together.... I learned that lesson the hard way.....

Comment

• simplyconnected
        Administrator
        • May 26 2009

Bryan, is that a new type of rear wheel air brakes?

I always take pictures, and lots of them from different angles. If I don't end up looking at them, other members do.
        Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
        --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• RustyNCa
          Super-Experienced
          • May 31 2007

Originally posted by simplyconnected
          Bryan, is that a new type of rear wheel air brakes?

I always take pictures, and lots of them from different angles. If I don't end up looking at them, other members do.
          Yeah, BMW engineered, guaranteed not to squeal, or produce brake dust.....

Comment

• 19thunderbird66
            • Mar 7 2010

Originally posted by simplyconnected
            Think of it this way:
            With the lever in front, pushing the star wheel down, the star wheel expands. This takes up the brakes.

Put the star wheel in your hand, the way it goes on your brake shoes, and try it. - Dave
            Yep,that works. The reverse threaded adjuster goes on the drivers side. Bob

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎