Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • troubsullivan
    Apprentice
    • Apr 1 2010

well the 60 is back from the garage and running like a top!

the new oil pan from pat wilson's was not correct, unfortunately the garage painted it before trying to install it so i can't send it back. he brazed the old one and so far it's not leaking through the many pin holes uncovered when it was cleaned but i fear it will soon. the second fuel filter i got from mac's also does not fit, the threaded end at the carb side is the wrong size. i have ordered both of the ones they have now so i'm not sure what to do at this point, right now i have the old one back on. not ideal i know.

a new oil filler cap seems to be catching the smoke that was previously coming out of the old one, good news. ( i know i will need new rings one day but for now i wait)

she sure is running great though, quiet as a mouse! now it's back to my wiring.

thanks for all the help on this thread,
    patrick

Comment

They sent you the fuel filter for a 430. I have a couple for the 4100 autolight if that's what you have. You can get an adapter to make the ones from macs fit.

Comment

• troubsullivan
        Apprentice
        • Apr 1 2010

yeah tbirds8, i think you are right. i had previously ordered the "universal one" but then when i got it i didn't like it or the thought of adapting the fuel line to fit it. i thought maybe the other one would fit and at least it that one had threaded ends! i do think my carb is the correct autolite so if you have a spare i would be interested.
        thanks,
        patrick

Comment

• Dakota Boy
          Super-Experienced
          • Jun 30 2009

Originally posted by troubsullivan
          just for fun i checked on pan availablility from nappa, auto zone, ect. and you would have thought i had two heads when i said it was for a 1960 thunderbird. whatever.
          I almost spit my beer all over the computer screen when I read this!
          http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33517

Comment

• DKheld
            Super-Experienced
            • Aug 27 2008

I bought a NOS filter for my 4100 off ebay but haven't got around to installing it yet - they show up cheap from time to time. I also added one of those clear filters where the fuel comes out of the tank line before it goes to the pump. I figured that way the hard to find filter should last at least 2X as long and as an added bonus the clear filter protects the pump from most of the crud where as the original does not. You can see the clear filter in this pic and the 430 style replacement filter with a brass adapter. The adapter works OK but you need some type of sealant on the threads unless you can find a beveled adapter for the carb.

Eric
            registrry 5347

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎