X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hazegray53
    Apprentice
    • Jan 9 2015

Intake manifold install

I can't seem to get all the bolts on this intake to go in smoothly at the same time. It's either one side or the other. The front 2 seem to be the most out of alignement. Back story is my 1960 352 block was cracked. It already had 61 heads on it with the 60 intake. So I ended up with a 62 block, using the same heads with valve job and the same intake. Should these all fit together or am I just doing it wrong?
  • jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Yes, the manifold should bolt up to your '61 heads and '62 block. Measure the bolt holes in the heads across the front and across the back. If they don't measure the same then something is off. If they measure the same then check that your intake gaskets are in the right spot. If they slide down the manifold won't sit right. It has to fit so you have something amiss.

John
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• jopizz
      Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Also make sure that the hole in the intake where the dowel pin goes is clear and not blocked.

John
      John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
      jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• Hazegray53
        Apprentice
        • Jan 9 2015

Thanks guys! After the complete failure yesterday I got all the sealant cleaned up and spent a few hours worth of dry runs to figure out how to get everything lined up. Well it's finally in! Definitely more difficult than I thought it would be and I was using a lift. I basically had to keep just enough tension on the lift so it was easy enough to move a little while I was putting in each bolt.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎