The Garage project....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dball
    • Apr 6 2009

That is amazing Anders. Gives me plenty of ides for my Man Pit.

Comment

• saverio
      Experienced
      • Mar 14 2005

Fantastic job on the garage, heat and all. You are very talented.

You could be my wing man, when I build mine, but the comute might be a killer.

sal
      Sal III

60 T BD

Thunderbird Registry # 33126 - VTCI # 11138- CTCI #02521

Comment

• Anders
        Super-Experienced
        • Jan 19 2008

Thanks guys YouŽr all too kind
        Not ready yet, but itŽs getting close. Today I put a TV on the wall.
        sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
        http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• Penelope
          Super-Experienced
          • Mar 4 2008

That is so cool, sweet job Anders! A humidifier for the bottles of red and youre done!
          sigpicBill
          Thunderbird Registry 21903 & 33405

Comment

Anders, you certainly have done a very nice job of building and finishing your garage. A job you can be proud of for sure! I have been following this thread and figured I make some comments. I did notice the jigsaw puzzle that you put together and framed it up on the wall, but I have not seen any evidence of greasy tools and rags lying around. What are you ever going to do the first time you drip oil on the floor? Is your new garage a work shop, or is it Ruth's new art deco rec room?

Comment

• Anders
              Super-Experienced
              • Jan 19 2008

ItŽs a working garage! I just thought while spending money on it in the first place, why donŽt make it like a place "where I like to hang out"?
              This weekend, I am painting the outside, and I will finish and put in the windows next weekend, and the TV will be conected. After that, I will bring in my brand new work tool storage, with inch-tools and try to get the car in, so I can start working on her. But before the car goes in, it will be a grand opening party. You are all invited

Comment

Originally posted by Anders Myrberg

ItŽs a working garage! I just thought while spending money on it in the first place, why donŽt make it like a place "where I like to hang out"? .... But before the car goes in, it will be a grand opening party. You are all invited
                Anders, thanks for the invite, but it would be quite a trip in my 58bird to get to your party. So thought I'd see if the latest sat pic of your home might show your new garage yet. http://maps.nationalgeographic.com But alas, I didn't see your new garage, nor your bird in the yard. I think you told me once before your new garage is to the left of your house (upper mid photo location) where maybe that greenhouse is in the sat pic below. So now that I know how to get to your house, it sure would be nice to attend your party.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Anders
                  Super-Experienced
                  • Jan 19 2008

Thanks Jed,
                  But this pic looks like a taken last year. I have the garage between the house ( Brick red ) and the little white one up on the pic. The greenhouse is on the right side between the two small sheds to the right of the house. Nice pic though

Comment

• Anders
                    Super-Experienced
                    • Jan 19 2008

Update

As I am planning to give Ruth a Watson paint next winter, I got inspired and decided to paint my garage door as one of his paint shopŽs exterior in mind. HereŽs how it looks now. As the surface is very uneven, it was a quite tricky and time consuming to go over all details with my smallest scroll brush. But I think it gave the whole place a lift anyway
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Anders; February 5, 2012, 08:20 AM.

Comment

• keith
                      Super-Experienced
                      • Feb 13 2010

WOW!!! That is beautiful!!

But I think you should leave Ruth the way she is. She looks great.

I had the fortune to meet Pat Ganahl last week at the GNRS. He is a aquaintence of the owner of the 59 bird I'm working on. Pat asked the owner how it was coming along and he was brought up to date. Pat's parting words were "I hope you are not going to Watson paint it". I'm guessing that look has been over done too many times as of late. At least over here in the US.
                      Keith
                      Sedalia, Mo.
                      sigpic
                      CLICK HERE for Keith's web site

Comment

• Anders
                        Super-Experienced
                        • Jan 19 2008

Originally posted by keith
                        WOW!!! That is beautiful!!

But I think you should leave Ruth the way she is. She looks great.

I had the fortune to meet Pat Ganahl last week at the GNRS. He is a aquaintence of the owner of the 59 bird I'm working on. Pat asked the owner how it was coming along and he was brought up to date. Pat's parting words were "I hope you are not going to Watson paint it". I'm guessing that look has been over done too many times as of late. At least over here in the US.
                        There are a few here as well, even though I never see them anywhere...Some say just like you, some not, but I wanted this already before Watson passed away and it vent more popular. I kind of like that that it is a period correct paint.
                        But I will do it, but with my own favorite colors. And I will have a all red leather interior made by a guy ( http://www.sybo.se/ ) who is among the very best in doing interiors here in Sweden , and who happend to be a friend of mine. And I will have a green pearl steering wheel as well. ItŽs being made at this very moment in Australia
                        HereŽs a "Photoshop" version of how I will have it.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Anders; February 5, 2012, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• Jimz Bird
                          Experienced
                          • Feb 3 2011

I like Green - who woulda guessed, eh? It is a unique color for the Watson Style. It makes a statement for the "Anders Style".

Here is Larry Watson's with the Burgundy that looks nice also.

The Green makes it yours and not a Watson clone.

Watson "borrowed" from Von Dutch et al and developed his unique style. It is neat that you have that talent and vision.

There were some great artists of that era with Watson, Barris and of course Big Daddy Roth.

Now all you need is a custom signature. If this catches on there you may need to repaint the Watson name out in your garage and put "Anders". Great Job on the Garage and would be cool with the Anders Logo on it.
                          Attached Files
                          Jim
                          Jimz Greenie with a White Hat and Brown Guts (ZE-XG)
                          sigpic

CLICK HERE for Jimz web site

Comment

• Anders
                            Super-Experienced
                            • Jan 19 2008

As my little birdŽs name is Ruth IŽm thinking of something like Ruth Watson, in a milled and enamel filled badge like Barris Kustoms after the marrige... WeŽll see...
                            Last edited by Anders; February 5, 2012, 05:35 PM.

Comment

• keith
                              Super-Experienced
                              • Feb 13 2010

I like the photoshop. And green is my favorite color too. Us Swede's have good taste. There is still some Daleen's over there.

The best part about our hobby it's our car and we can do what we want with it.

I will like Ruth no matter what color she wears.
                              Keith
                              Sedalia, Mo.
                              sigpic
                              CLICK HERE for Keith's web site

Comment

• lawyercalif
                                Experienced
                                • May 12 2011

That is the best Watson paint scheme I have ever seen. Are you going to put the Lake Pipes on your car as in the picture? If so are you going to hook them up or will the be dummys? I think the whole idea looks great.
                                Last edited by lawyercalif; February 9, 2012, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎