Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'64 Power Window Relay Specific Location?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • warmblood58
    • Jan 24 2017

'64 Power Window Relay Specific Location?

Is the '64 power window relay located under passenger side hood hinge down deep? Thanks!
  • jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

The power window relay is usually near the center of the firewall. The convertible top relay is down lower and closer to the spring if I remember right.

John
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• warmblood58
      • Jan 24 2017

Thanks John, I will look again for the power window relay -engine side, yes? Anyone have a pic of this location?

Comment

• warmblood58
        • Jan 24 2017

Originally posted by jopizz
        The power window relay is usually near the center of the firewall. The convertible top relay is down lower and closer to the spring if I remember right.

John
        Clarification, my car is a convertible, so the power window relay for the convertible is under the hinge, yes? Thanks John!

Comment

• jopizz
          Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

The power window relay and the convertible top relay look completely different. The power window relay has a screw terminal in the middle. The convertible top relay has four posts with a rubber connector over them. If you want to email me a picture of your firewall I can point you in the right direction.

John

Comment

• jopizz
            Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

It's starting to come back to me now. The power window relay on a '64 is on the passenger side below the cowl drain tube behind the spring. It's a real pain to get to.

John

Comment

• warmblood58
              • Jan 24 2017

Originally posted by jopizz
              It's starting to come back to me now. The power window relay on a '64 is on the passenger side below the cowl drain tube behind the spring. It's a real pain to get to.

John
              Yep, I could see just the tip of it the other day rooting around, thanks again

Comment

• wagonman56
                • Feb 13 2017

power window relay

Put it back exactly where it belongs. if you try and cheat, like me, for an easier spot on the fire wall and the hood hinge contacts the hot post on the relay you will have a wiring fire... like me.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎