X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • byersmtrco
    Super-Experienced
    • Sep 28 2004

Elec Question

So . . . The large breaker/relay looking device on the firewall, towards the the passenger side.
    I always thought that was something to do with the conv top mechanism.
    I noticed one on a 60 HT that was at our concours. I was looking at TB's on ebay and saw that all the 60's I looked at have em.

Actually, I ran my elec/choke for my Edelbrock off the hot lead into it.
    If that's just hot off the ign/sw, I caould get my 12V for my coil from there. Yes I am finally going to do that today or tomorrow . . . Just been real busy.

Any thoughts on that?

John my 60HT does NOT have a relay looking thing on the fire wall.You may be right about conv.top or maybe some kind of aftermarket thing?

Comment

On my 66 I have that for the windows. That's were I just put elec. choke wire. Don't have that on my 60 but also don't have power windows.

Comment

• byersmtrco
        Super-Experienced
        • Sep 28 2004

**** you're good !!! THATS IT !!! Duh !!
        It's the relay for the pwr/windows. I'm sure the fat red wire comes right off the ign sw. Took the ol' Service manual out this afternoon.

That's why some have them and some don't. I never connected the dots.

I'll give it a try tomorrow after work. The $100 question will be, does it have voltage while cranking? Prob still need to come right off the switch. I love having so much spare time.

Originally posted by tbirds8
        On my 66 I have that for the windows. That's were I just put elec. choke wire. Don't have that on my 60 but also don't have power windows.

Comment

John does the choke really need power while cranking?

Comment

They want 12 volts for the choke. That was the closesd wire I could find that light my test light with the key on. Just put a 1406 edelbrock on and can't say enough. It is the red wire I went to. I hope when I put the window up it doesn't turn the choke back on..(just kiddin).........Bill

Comment

• FeFranco
              Experienced
              • Jan 13 2007

I have that relay thingy and power windows and my wire from the electric choke hooked up to that, also. Many myseries solved....Thanks

Comment

You want to hear something dumb.When I first put the Holley on I hooked the choke up to the parking light because I figured I always run with my lights on when driving.
                I could'nt figure out why the darn choke would not open.I never drove a car that the parking lights went out when the headlights came on,man did I feel stupid,runs good now that it is wired directly to the ign.switch.LOL

Comment

Been down that road. Good luck with the sale.

Comment

• byersmtrco
                    Super-Experienced
                    • Sep 28 2004

I did run a new hot lead off my ign sw to the coil (ign sw is cake in that thing) So 12V there. I also ran a new lead to the choke. What a diff having the ign syst getting full voltage. Knock on wood, it's runnin like a scalded cat. There will be more (short) test drives until any road trips though.

Thanks for all the replies

Comment

• byersmtrco
                      Super-Experienced
                      • Sep 28 2004

Oh yeah . . . I also found the hot lead (off the ign sw) for my spotlight. It had a blown fuse. So that's working again. Wa'Hoooo !!!

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎