1960 T-Bird Conv for sale

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

1960 Thunderbird Convertible for sale. $21,000
    352 CID 4BBL, Fact A/C, P/S, P/B, Pwr Seat, Diamond Blue w/Blue-Turquoise Interior, 63,000 Miles.
    Located in Indianapolis, IN

I have owned this car since June, 1996, and have had much fun with it. My first order of business was adding a Pertronics Ignition to the distributor, which made it pretty trouble free for daily driving if I wished. [and did on some particularly dry summers]

The transmission has a leak at the torque converter seal that will require attention. It leaks significantly when removed from storage, but does taper off some after driven a bit. [I believe I have some transmission seals to go with the car]

This is not a show car, and I never intended it to be. I'm in that group that thinks owning a classic car and not driving it is almost a sin. Consequently I have done little other than maintain the car, as it had an older, imperfect repaint and some filler in the rockers and quarters. I do have the skirts, they are intact but the finish is rough. I prefer the car without them, so they have been stored.

One strong point is the integrity of the floorpans. No rust thru has occurred, and the worst rust is on the wheel arch liners rather than the floorpan.

The A/C will function if charged, but it does have a leak that I have never chased down. I have charged it a few times over the years, when I wanted to use it on some warm summer drive.

The top is fully functioning, though one of the 'deck latched' switches was defeated when I bought it, and remains so, because it never interfered with the use of the top. [top controls, relays etc. are original, and have never given me any trouble] The rear window has been doted on and treated regularly so it remains transparent and flexible as can be seen in the pictures. A link is included below for the pics. You'll note a blue towel wrapping the package shelf, which I kept there to prevent scratching the plastic window.

I replaced the seat covers and material a few years ago, and the trunk lining was fresh when I bought it.

I call the car a true '20 footer', since the paint is old and checked and the chrome has some pitting; but looks pretty good from beyond that.

Any of the pictures can be downloaded and are of sufficient size they can be zoomed in for scrutiny. I'll be happy to answer any other questions etc. via email at "stevejag at sbcglobal dot net".

Thanks!
    Steve

http://1drv.ms/1msSptB [link to pics]
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Steve ~ spetry sent me this additional information regarding his Tbird for sale.

I would like to adjust the price to $19,000 and add to the contact information.
    Any of the pictures can be downloaded and are of sufficient size they can be zoomed in for scrutiny. I'll be happy to answer any other questions etc. via email at "stevejag at sbcglobal dot net", or by phone, 317-727-8722.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• RVPilt
      • Apr 9 2012

Did this get sold?

Comment

• YellowRose
        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Tom, I just sent him a PM to ask him that. If it has sold, I need to take it down. I asked him to respond to the post and let us know if it is still available or not.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
        The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
        Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
        Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
        https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• RVPilt
          • Apr 9 2012

1960 Conv

Thanks Ray ...
          I sold my 1957 Senior TBird 2 years ago, and am beginning to look for "next" ... 59-60 Squarebird convertible ... Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by RVPilt
            Thanks Ray ...
            I sold my 1957 Senior TBird 2 years ago, and am beginning to look for "next" ... 59-60 Squarebird convertible ... Thanks.
            Yes, the car is still available. My apologies for being lax on the Forum recently. Thanks also, to Ray for jerking my chain about it!

One day early last month, I got the car out and found the carburetor power valve had ruptured. Consequently I had to get a carb kit, a power valve and the secondary diaphragm to rebuild it.

I can be reached at the listed email address or cell number. I can't always answer the phone immediately, but a message can be left and I can return the call asap.

Email, "stevejag at sbcglobal dot net", or phone, 317-727-8722

Thank you!

Comment

• RVPilt
              • Apr 9 2012

Thanks everyone ... I'll be in touch if I had any questions. Regards, Tom

Comment

SOLD - 1960 T-Bird Conv for sale

This one sold thru ad in Hemmings. On it's way to TX!
                Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎