X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gold Bird
    Experienced
    • Nov 9 2007

Seats in, almost done!

Finished putting the seats in and trim in the back seat. Working on the door panels now. Seems like there is a little more gap or space with the back seat at the top but hopefully with some use and warmer weather it will fill in some? Really like the new covers, no more faded look!
    Attached Files
    sigpic1960 Gold Bird, original owner since new. tbirdregistry #3158
  • Anders
    Super-Experienced
    • Jan 19 2008

Looks fantastic!!! Beutiful car! Wish it was mine. My only question is why you didnīt go for the leather interior when you was at it, sort of.
    sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
    http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• Gold Bird
      Experienced
      • Nov 9 2007

Well, since my father bought the car new I really wanted to keep it original. Leather sure would have been nice though! Thanks for the nice words on the Bird

Comment

Hey Tom,
        Very, very nice! She's coming along!!!
        Richard D. Hord

Comment

• tbird430
          Super-Experienced
          • Jun 18 2007

The color of that car & new carpet is really RICH looking!! Your father must be very proud.

It seems you gave the correct name to your Bird, "Gold Bird".

-Jon in TX.
          sigpic
          The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• YellowRose
            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Seats in, almost done!

Tom, she is looking gorgeous! Very nicely done! Yes, your Dad must be feeling really good about how she is looking! I am sure he is proud of what you have done to restore her. She will be styling again soon!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
            The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
            Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
            Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
            https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Astrowing
              Experienced
              • Jul 22 2009

How did you get the chrome on the glove compartment looking so good? The other chrome also? This car looks better than new! It is awesome!
              sigpic

CLICK HERE for Jim's web site

Comment

• DKheld
                Super-Experienced
                • Aug 27 2008

That's a great color both the car and interior. The trunk lid looks like a mirror finish - that's going to be a real winner - gosh!

Doesn't the top portion of the back seat hook at the top and bolt at the bottom? Maybe the hooks on the seat back were bent slightly in recovering or maybe you could hold the seat up when you bolted it down rather than letting it slide all the way down and rest on the bolts. Probably like you say though with a little use and sun the material will stretch and fill in...(and with a car like that I'll bet use and sun will not be a problem).

Can't wait to see the finished product - I'd be driving it without door panels. The three of us with or Dad's Tbirds here in the east (myself, Grant and you) need to find a meeting place somewhere in the middle one day and do a photo shoot (Lynchburg Va?)

Eric
                registry 5347

Comment

• Gold Bird
                  Experienced
                  • Nov 9 2007

Thanks to all for help and input on the restoration work! I think the back seat problem might be caused by the new seat foam, its pretty firm right now and seems to be hitting in the top/center. We tried to really push, force it up there but thats all the farther it would go. It does hook at the top and bolt in the bottom. I really like the way it looks and Dad should be very happy as well. He will be here in about a month to check it out first hand!

Comment

• Paulie9fingers
                    Apprentice
                    • May 3 2010

WOW, that looks great !!!!

Now I think mine looks like a turd .
                    " If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour ... you're gonna see some serious sh*t. "

Dr Emmett Brown, 1985

Comment

• fomoco59
                      Super-Experienced
                      • Jun 10 2005

Beautiful Tom. Nicely done!
                      sigpic
                      Mike Lemmon
                      '59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                        Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Tom as the others have said already she is looking very majestic and love that colour scheme. Your Dad, will certainly be very proud of you not only for bringing her back but to her glory but taking him out for a crusie. Not everyone has the opportunity to keep the same car Dad purchased " back in the day" Good for you
                        Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                        Thunderbird Registry
                        58HT #33317
                        60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• Gold Bird
                          Experienced
                          • Nov 9 2007

Dad was telling me today about the 4 years he had the car in Florida. Everyday someone would tell him how cool the car looked, pretty cool considering in the Boca Raton area there are many Ferraris, Maserati, and more. It made Dad feel great, plus he knows this car very well from the last 50 years! The other great thing is my wife likes it too, she will go for a ride in the Bird anytime! Now, my 70 Trans Am is another story! LOL.....

Comment

• bird 60
                            Super-Experienced
                            • Mar 18 2009

Very ,very nice Tom. Now it's time to enjoy without worrying about the upholstery in your lifetime. I'm sure when your Dad sees it it'll bring a tear in his eyes. Curious, how old is your Dad?

Chris....From the Land of OZ.

Comment

• Gold Bird
                              Experienced
                              • Nov 9 2007

Hey Chris, My Dad will be 86 next week, still loves cars! My parents live in south Florida and his regular driver is a 2005 black T-Bird.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎