X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • danowens3
    Experienced
    • Dec 29 2005

Windlace color and length needed

Can someone please help me out with the correct color windlace for a 60 Tbird hardtop, black exterior and red and white interior? Also, any idea on how many feet I should order to do all that is needed for the car? Does anyone have a picture showing where it goes? Thank you, Dan
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

RE: Windlace color and length needed

You have red windlace with that car. Measure the length of the vertical openings of the inside of the car along the door front and back. That should be how much material you need. Add a few feet for comfort.

The windlace attaches via clips with little jaws that hold the windlace.

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

RE: Windlace color and length needed

The windlace that I just bought was already cut to length and sewn to a stiff cardboard or fiberboard strip approximately 1/2" wide. The strip is shaped to match the curves in the door opening with enough excess to trim to fit. There is a left and right side for each opening. It appears that the windlace is sewn on the wrong side of the strip, but you have to hold the strip in place and fold the windlace back toward you. Then push it into the cavity with all the needed interior panels removed and secure with the clips Alexander mentioned. Someone had a good idea with this since the windlace is more rigid with no chance of sag between the clips. They never sent instructions and I had to scratch my head more than once before the light finally turned on.
      Randall
      1960 Hardtop

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎