X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tully
    Experienced
    • Mar 7 2008

first drive around the house

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Still needs a little work on the exhaust hangers (waiting on parts) also carb may need to be rebiult.

But first short ride around the yard and back to the barn for some more fine tuning. And start on the body work.

Dennis
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

first drive around the house

Hey tully!

That was a great video shot! At least we got to see what she looks like now, and saw her being driven for a bit. Thanks for sharing that with us. From time to time, as you progress, please post some more YouTube shots of her!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• frank58
      Super-Experienced
      • May 28 2006

That was great... nice to see her start up and take that classic "first ride around the yard"........... thanks for sharing.
      and get a detent plate on order

Comment

• Dan Leavens
        Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Dennis outstanding that you took her on her first cruise. The shifting motion is certainly the detent plate ( as frank58 mentioned ) and can be ordered off the main page. This basically will lock in your shifter so there is no slippage at all when in park.Great video

Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
        Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
        Thunderbird Registry
        58HT #33317
        60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• dgs
          Super-Experienced
          • Feb 13 2003

Nice to hear that another 'bird does that wind down growl (at 1:20 in the video) when it almost catches to start but doesn't quite.

What causes that?
          DGS (aka salguod)
          1960 Convertible - Raven Black, Red leather
          www.salguod.net

Comment

The starter is kickin the drive out and is getting hot. First thing I'd do is put 8 spark plugs in there. And never leave that seat when It's runnin!!!

Comment

• tully
              Experienced
              • Mar 7 2008

my 60'

I have the new plugs waiting to go in, also just ordered Pertronix Ignitor 1281 Point Dist.Conversion for it. and found out today there gas leaking from the base of carbuator and picking up new gaskets for that also. I just checked out the detent plate and handle and collar that may have to wait till next payday. more pic's and video's to come.

Dennis

1960 thunderbird
              1968 Ranchero
              1971 Mustang Mach 1
              2005 canyon
              2007 pt cruiser
              2000 chrysler concorde
              What next?

Comment

• Framer_guru
                Apprentice
                • Aug 1 2008

Nice Drive!!!

Hey Tully, good to see I'm not the only one with a project car ahead of them. At least yours is running. Nice spin around the yard! Hopefully mine will be running by the end of the year. Rebuilding the engine right now and working body at the same time. Again, kudos to your drive.
                Jimmy
                1960 HT in work

Comment

Tully
                  Outstanding first ride I'll bet you felt great you have come a long way,you might want to check the fiber spacer under the carb also, I had to get a new one for my carb as it was cracked. Keep us updated as you go along
                  Bob M

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎