Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dolagobla
    • Aug 2 2009

trans stop, any help or pics appreciated

I have a 1966 tbird with cruise, im not sure if mine has a trans stop i know its bolted to bellhousing but cant find a pic to be sure. my tbird idles fine, all the info i can find says it wont idle with out one. Any one tell me what its actually for or have some pics of where and how mounted. even some pics of carbie linkage set up as mine might of been changed to make up for not having one. iI do not have access to any thunderbirds in my region of australia.
    thankyou all for the help with my CVR, have ordered one from USA and cant wait to get my guages working.
  • RustyNCa
    Super-Experienced
    • May 31 2007

Would my 65 have the same setup as what your 66 is supposed to have?

I have a 65 with cruise, granted it doesn't work yet, but it is all there.

Comment

• dolagobla
      • Aug 2 2009

sorry i should of put my transmission is a cruise-matic.

Comment

• RustyNCa
        Super-Experienced
        • May 31 2007

Originally posted by dolagobla
        sorry i should of put my transmission is a cruise-matic.
        Okay, but what section of the transmission do you need a photo of? I am about 100% certain one of the 65s is all original.

Comment

• dolagobla
          • Aug 2 2009

thankyou
          looking at parts list looks like different models may have different plates not sure, i know the c6 is different.
          the top of bellhousing where the kick down linkage is and maybe the linkages on the carbie.
          mine runs ok but dosnt seem to have the stop plate which leads me to beleive its modified.
          work shop manuals and resorce books have been no uses.
          email is jeremyellis1@bigpond.com
          thankyou for all the help

Comment

• RustyNCa
            Super-Experienced
            • May 31 2007

Originally posted by dolagobla
            thankyou
            looking at parts list looks like different models may have different plates not sure, i know the c6 is different.
            the top of bellhousing where the kick down linkage is and maybe the linkages on the carbie.
            mine runs ok but dosnt seem to have the stop plate which leads me to beleive its modified.
            work shop manuals and resorce books have been no uses.
            email is jeremyellis1@bigpond.com
            thankyou for all the help
            Okay, I will try to get to it this weekend. I assume then you want photos of the linkage around the bell housing and the transmission. My 65 has the slip o matic in it.

Have a busy weekend, trying to get an above ground pool the girl bought setup, sounds like I also am driving the olds on Sunday as the wedding party get away car, assuming that my olds falls in the "Classic Convertible" category. And I would like to get the 64 TBird closer to running.... lots to do.

Comment

• dolagobla
              • Aug 2 2009

thanks rusty, take your time, hope the wedding goes well.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎