No announcement yet.

Building on top of a good foundation - 1960 Hardtop

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purchased my '60 from a side lot of a discount car dealership in Milwaukee, Oregon. $8,800 and a few dollars for safety items. Was from a collection but needed brakes and general restorative rubber seals. Red and white leather with power windows, AM radio, and power seats. No seat belts or even holes drilled in the floor for seat belts. Wonderful starter car.

Need to tie into folks that have actually done restoration. Hello, anyone out there?

Thanks,
    Chris

how do we upload pictures?

how do we upload pictures?

Comment

• Tbird1044
      Super-Experienced
      • Jul 31 2012

Chris:
      You need to join the club in order to post pictures. If you are just getting into the restoration, it would really benefit you to do this. A lot of us have fought the same battles that are in front of you and there are some great resources available here.
      And the FUN begins.
      Nyles

Comment

• YellowRose
        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Building on top of a good foundation-'60 Hardtop

Chris, a Welcome to you was posted in the New Members Welcoming Forum. Please read it! There it is explained the three ways to post pix on this Forum, and the size they must be. You will find much of the information that you are going to need in the Technical Resource Library (TRL), the link to which is always part of my signature element and that of John Pizzi-jopizz. The first thing you are going to need is a '60 Shop Manual. They are available from any of our many Tbird parts houses. Since you live in Oregon, the Bird Nest cant be to far from you. Look in the Advertisements Forum and you will find all the parts houses listed there. You can find the wiring schematics in the TRL. Welcome and there are a lot of people on here who can help you, and have been down the road you are embarking on.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
        The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
        Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
        Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
        https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

chris. i,m in troutdale. been kicking my 58 around the garage for 15 years. love these cars. you need to go see matt and don at bird nest they know birds.ask matt how to cut a 58 conv. in half .they are built. watkins shop is in canby.he does bird resto. any way have fun with your bird.

Comment

Thank you. I will contact the Bird's Nest. Is there a list of us who are local to the greater Portland area?

Comment

• YellowRose
              Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Chris, there is no list available of who is located in the Portland area, but I will see what I can come up with.

I just sent you an email with a list....
              Last edited by YellowRose; May 18, 2015, 09:08 AM. Reason: Additional Info

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
              The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
              Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
              Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
              https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎