• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trim code 76
    Experienced
    • Aug 3 2006

Bumper change out

Hello,
    I would like to hear what is the best way to remove and replace both front and back bumpers. The ones on my car are just not quite good enough, but have recieved a set of original chrome pieces that are in very good shape. They have the brackets on them. So is it easiest to remove just my bumpers or remove the bumpers and brackets and swap out to the "new" set (including brackets)? That looks to be the way to go to me. On the rear, it looks like if I am going to remove the brackets as well, there are two verticle bolts on the main bracket that attaches to the cross member right at the edge of the gas tank. The top bolts look like they are hidden by the gas tank. Do I need to loosen up the tank to move it enough to reach this bolt? Have not really looked at the front yet. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys! Also, anyone going to the Western regional meet this year in Spokane WA?? If so I will see you there! It will be the first show for my car.
    Greg

Welcome to the site.I removed both my bumpers and tore them down to clean them up and it was quite the job.I would recommend you remove the rear bumper from the backets.Those bolts that go thru the cross member and the ones near the gas tank are suppose to be drift bolts,where the nuts are welded to the frame and crossmember.None of mine held in place.I had to loosen the gas tank and move it back and forth in order to get a wrench on the nuts.
    The front one you can remove brackets and all.There are 2 allignment bolts that were a bugger to get lined back up.
    While you have them off you might want to replace the rubber splash guards as well.The rear ones you can glue on,the fronts I use some small nuts and bolts to mount them.Good luck and have fun.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎