No announcement yet.

Fuel Pump PSI

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Pump PSI

What is the psi on the stock mechanical fuel pump?

about 4 and a half to 5 and a half pounds. Hope that helps.
    Bill

Comment

Yes thanks, im installing a holley 4160 carb and it has the non-adjustable floats up to 6psi so anthing above 6psi needs a pressure regulator installed. Not a big deal I just wanted make sure before hand

Comment

What else did you do to the motor. If i remember that was on the GT 390,s. (and they ran there a== off). I had a few of them. If only it was yesterday I'd be at barritt jackson. hew knew.............................................Bill

Comment

Ive done mods to monitor the engine better. How do you post pics on this forum? Reason being is that im currently installing a triple guage setup to monitor the water temp, oil psi, and voltage. The only major problem I have now is the temp sender is way too big to fit in the stock temp sender on the manifold. It looks like it would fit perfect in the petcock of the radiator but thats not really the info your looking for. The oil pressure guage however seems to hook up good as well as the voltmeter. When I got my thunderbird the original radio was gone and a cheap tape deck from the 80s was in its place and the metal was all hacked up to make it fit so I installed the sunpro cluster in there and it fits perfect but you MUST buy the 1" gauge setup or it wont fit. As for the engine the original autolite carb had a lot of problems for some reason and caught fire one day so ive decided to upgrade to the holley 4160 because its pretty much bolt on and go and because of the non-adjustable floats you dont have to mess with it. As for the rest of the motor im in the process of running strait lake pipes off to the sides and maybe upgrading the manifold. I put bored out the cylindars a little bigger (not much) and put in a performance cam shaft and lifters. Ive got a few more horses now. Id like to get the tri=power setup but they seem to cost an awful lot these days. Other than that ive been thinking about installing a high flow oil adapter off a 428 but from what i hear you really dont get what you expect out of them. Ill try and post pictures as soon as figure out how to post them.

Comment

• Alexander
            Webmaster
            • Oct 30 2002

To post pictures you either need to have webspace or be a paid member of this site. Members can upload pictures directly to the message board along with getting many other benefits.
            Alexander
            1959 Hard Top
            1960 Golde Top
            sigpic

Comment

Ill look into that. Just to let everyone know I FINALLY put that new holley on today and it works great so far. Very little effort required to set it up. I know its not the original autolite but I really didnt have a choice but if you're thinking of upgrading or trying something new the holley 4160 works great. Next on the list is a tranny flush and new filter

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎