X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tbirdmike63
    Experienced
    • May 4 2017

Bracket off air compressor?

I'm looking at a 66 picture and I noticed a bracket that comes off the top of the air conditioning compressor right behind the coil and runs along the valve cover on the right side of the motor my car doesn't have that, is this a support bracket for the compressor?
  • jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

I've seen cars with and without the support bracket. If you don't have it I wouldn't worry about it. The mounting brackets are plenty strong enough.

John
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• OUR5T8BIRD
      Experienced
      • Mar 1 2017

Originally posted by tbirdmike63
      I'm looking at a 66 picture and I noticed a bracket that comes off the top of the air conditioning compressor right behind the coil and runs along the valve cover on the right side of the motor my car doesn't have that, is this a support bracket for the compressor?
      Actually , there were two tubular supports for the air compressor in '66 . One as you describe to the exhaust manifold and a second, shorter, across the front .

Comment

• Cwcb08
        Experienced
        • Oct 11 2016

Do you have a photo of the brackets? I don't recall my car having any? ( it's still at the shop )
        2016 FORD F150 XLT 3.5 EB SPORT 302a - 2012 KAWASAKI ZX-6R - 2012 LEGEND DELUXE V-NOSE - 2008 KAWASAKI ZZR600 - 2008 FORD FOCUS SE - 2007 KAWASAKI ZX-6R - 2002 ARTIC CAT 500 - 1990 JOHN DEERE 265 - 1966 FORD THUNDERBIRD HARDTOP TOWN

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎