• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Robot
    The Source
    • Jan 29 2007

2013 Ford Fusion does the techno sound collage music thing

Filed under: Hybrid, Sedan, Etc., Marketing/Advertising, Videos, Ford

If you're wondering what the 2013 Ford Fusion has to do with techno music... well, join the club - we have no idea. We'll defer to an expert, musician Joshua Harrison:
    "Techno music, by its nature, is very similar to the makeup of a car... In both cases, there are lots of little pieces mechanically put together. Just like a car, a Techno song has many elements that serve their own small purpose, and the masters of the craft are those who can put it all together and make everything work as one solid piece."
    Who are we to argue?

In any case, Ford has used an old trick in a somewhat new way in conscripting artists to create techno tracks using sounds made by its Fusion, in this case a 2.0-liter Hybrid model. Listen to the three resulting tracks, then scroll down below to watch a video explaining the process and showing the musicians working their magic.

Even if you don't like techno, it's at least interesting to hear how each track is so wildly different from the other two. And if you do like what you hear, maybe you should consider attending the Movement Electronic Festival in Detroit, May 26-28.

Sounds of Fusion Track 1 by Joshua Harrison by fordfusion
    Sounds of Fusion Track 2 by Keith Kemp by fordfusion
    Sounds of Fusion Track 3 by Tom Newman by fordfusionContinue reading 2013 Ford Fusion does the techno sound collage music thing
    2013 Ford Fusion does the techno sound collage music thing originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 24 May 2012 16:58:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
  • SandyBoy
    Super-Experienced
    • Oct 31 2002

Well I would assume that this will NOT be popular on this site, but I am being very fair.

We are looking to replace my wife's2001 year Jeep Cherokee Limitted 4X4 Wagon. It is now 11 years "young" ~ She does not want another Sport Ute, but wants to keep 4WD.
    We looked, AND drove a new Taurus. It felt a bit crammped and the bucket seats seemed a bit narrow. So, we then ent to check out the Dodge Charger R/T MAXX, also with 4WD. The Charger was more comfortable, w-i-d-e-r bucket seats, and more optional "toys". It is also a V-8 with 4WD. It was a windy and the wind "bothered" the Taurus, not not even a whisper in the Charger. I also loved the 392
    v-8 engine's responsce. Gonna wait to they are accepting 2013 orders and order a fully loaded one, as was the one we drove. White w/black leather.

Comment

• GTE427
      Super-Experienced
      • Oct 9 2007

C'mon Sandy, pull the trigger and buy that Dodge. Waitng for a chance at the Cherokee for the wife.
      Ken
      1959 J Convertible
      1960 J Hardtop

Comment

• SandyBoy
        Super-Experienced
        • Oct 31 2002

My wife gets notes left on iy ALL THE TIME, ....WHY?
        It's 100 percent flawless, in, out, under. I am a nut-case with it.

It is silver with charcoal leather and has every possible factury option.
        Got all the paperwork, too.

somewhere on here are 2 pics, but I have no idea where.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎