X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bcomo
    Super-Experienced
    • Sep 23 2005

Build Sheet (ROT) Codes - Anyone Know?

I have the original Build Sheet (ROT) for my 60 HT.

Does anyone know where to find the codes that are listed on the ROT.

For example:

The block that says "TS Tire Size" has a code "6".

The block that is marked "BAT Battery" has a code 1.

Where do you find those codes?

I remember seeing them somewhere; but I can't find them again anywhere.
    Bart
    1960 Hard Top/430
    Thunderbird Registry Number 1231
  • tbird430
    Super-Experienced
    • Jun 18 2007

I think VTCI's restoration book decodes these, or at least they ran an article some years back decoding these. R U a Vintage Thunderbird Club International member?
    sigpic
    The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• bcomo
      Super-Experienced
      • Sep 23 2005

YES!!!! You were right. It was in my copy of the VTCI 58-60 Orginal Factory Specifications (OFS) book -- on my book shelf. I knew that I saw it somewhere before --

I'm not a member of VTCI yet. I was waiting for the new version of the 58-60 OFS book to come out, since you have to be a VTCI member to get the book.

Well -- I see on their web site that they just released a full COLOR version. BUT, it costs a whoping $99. I guess that I'll have to go ahead and join VTCI and get it.
      Bart
      1960 Hard Top/430

Comment

• tbird430
        Super-Experienced
        • Jun 18 2007

I highly recommend it my fellow birder. The club has help me in the past several times!! My car came with TWO (2) different ROT sheets, and by using VTCI I was able to track down the owner of the 2nd car. He lived in WA, I'm from TX, long story short- He was MORE than happy about it. I just thought it was the right thing to do...
        sigpic

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• dgs
          Super-Experienced
          • Feb 13 2003

My ROT wasn't under the rear seat as many are. I'm hoping to still find it, perhaps, under the passenger side carpet someday.

Interesting to think it might be in the next (or prior) car down the line. That's amazing that you were able to track the guy down.
          DGS (aka salguod)
          1960 Convertible - Raven Black, Red leather
          www.salguod.net

Comment

• bcomo
            Super-Experienced
            • Sep 23 2005

I was pretty lucky. I have the ROT sheet, and the original Factory Window Invoice.

I joined VTCI today, and ordered the new 58-60 color OFS book at the same time.

One of the guys in the local Club had one, so I went over and looked at it. Geez -- it's 300 pages and almost all of the photos are in color. The color photos really let you see alot more detail, and of course color items.
            Last edited by bcomo; August 30, 2007, 09:14 PM. Reason: Added sentence.
            Bart
            1960 Hard Top/430

Comment

• tbird430
              Super-Experienced
              • Jun 18 2007

I have my original window invoice too "bcomo"!!

"dgs", I found the 2nd ROT sheet under my original carpet and the black tar-like paper. It was in the rear floor behind the front passanger seat. It seems like I read somewhere that back then, on the assembly line, workers had to keep their work stations clean as the day drove on. As a result, they would get behind, and/or throw papers, extra screw/clips in places such as this. Kind of funny I guess, and in this case GOOD luck for the guy up in WA!! It was cool because his car was also a 430cid Hardtop (like mine), but his had no A/C. He had served in the U.S. Air Force and was at one time even stationed at Sheppard Air Force base here where I live.... As for my parents 1958 hardtop, we have yet to find its ROT sheet. It was a Texas car we purchased from the son-in-law of the orginal owner. It had seat covers over the original vinyl and cloth seats, the orginal carpet had been replaced with carpet for inside a house too??? But, the car really looked untouch otherwise. Maybe the ROT was thrown away during one of these "mod's"...
              Last edited by tbird430; August 31, 2007, 02:29 PM.
              sigpic

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• bcomo
                Super-Experienced
                • Sep 23 2005

tbird430:

Sheppard was my first AF assignment in 1965. I remember the Pigly Wiggly store on Main Street near the apartment where I lived. Small town back then -- good memories.

A question -- have you ever removed the oil pan on your 430 with engine in the car? The Shop Manual makes it sound as if you have to jack the engine up to get it out.
                Bart
                1960 Hard Top/430

Comment

• tbird430
                  Super-Experienced
                  • Jun 18 2007

No I'm going to pull my 430cid and redetail it. I also plan on detailing my engine compartment then as well...
                  sigpic

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎