Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

detnt removal in the turn signal column.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Larry Jones
    Experienced
    • Feb 3 2009

detnt removal in the turn signal column.

I have a 1962 ford t-bird convertible which my left side turn signal works but I have to hold the right side. How extensive is this to change out. Whats exactly involved I no I need a puller to start. Larry. Is this uncommon in a car that has 52500 orginal miles on it.
  • Petrolhead
    Experienced
    • Jul 2 2007

Don't know how common it would be Larry, but if a previous owner was constantly hard on the switch it could wear quickly

I just had mine done, took a shortcut. The plastic indents in the indicator switch were worn, so my mechanic just bent down the little metal arm on the switch that keeps the lever in position when indicating. bending it down slightly was enough to increase the spring tension and keep the lever from self-cancelling when you don't want it too.

very easy, just remove the wheel and the switch is right there.

You can get new switches from all teh usual suppliers, but the thought of running all those wires scared me

Good luck

Comment

• Larry Jones
      Experienced
      • Feb 3 2009

detent in the turn signal

Thanks Petro. Waiting for the weather to break. I have so many things I want to do to my 62 convertible. I bought a dual action polisher and it took out all the spider scratches onthe hood and trunk area. The car was painted a cardinal red from the original blue color. The paint really pops out now. I will install the fender skirts also this year also. Thanks for your reply. Larry

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎