Clear All
  • RustyNCa
    Super-Experienced
    • May 31 2007

Well, found another project/parts car.

They seem to think tho

"Interior is in good shape"
    "Ship to shore phone and police radio option"
    Will not start, will crank, brakes work...

They are asking 1,500

I offered to get it out of their back yard for them....

That doesn't look bad for that money with the studabaker also. just check the frame on the tbird in front of the rear springs, and pull the trunk mat on the corners over the mufflers. and under the rugs in the car. If all is well it's well worth it. Just my thought. I would!!!!!!!! Bill

Comment

• Dan Leavens
      Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

RustNCa it appears that these birds are becoming a magnet to you and are coming fast and furious. As mentioned, if the floorboards, wheel wells aren't rusted and frame being straight
      it could be less expensive, to bring back to it's original state. It certainly has some very unique options and don't know if there are many out there that would be that neat to own . I would go for it.

Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
      Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
      Thunderbird Registry
      58HT #33317
      60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• dgs
        Super-Experienced
        • Feb 13 2003

So, is that radio thing a factory option? Is that big black box in the trunk part of the radio? Interesting.
        DGS (aka salguod)
        1960 Convertible - Raven Black, Red leather
        www.salguod.net

Comment

• scumdog
          Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

What is that rod or strut that seems to come up from the steering box area and ends just above the A/C pump - and had a threaded stud sticking out of it??

Back on topic - the car looks worth saving, it seems fairly original and complete.
          A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

• Hawkrod
            Experienced
            • Oct 31 2005

Originally posted by scumdog
            What is that rod or strut that seems to come up from the steering box area and ends just above the A/C pump - and had a threaded stud sticking out of it??

Back on topic - the car looks worth saving, it seems fairly original and complete.
            That rod is the compressor support and comes from the top of the exahaust manifold to the top of the compressor. Looks like a nice parts car but too far gone to be worth saving on the west coast. If it was out east it would be a different story. Hawkrod

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎