This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:04 PM
John

JohnG is on a distinguished road
Question

You mean the photos on this thread:

http://www.squarebirds.org/vbulletin...ead.php?t=6289 ??

John

Last edited by JohnG : 05-18-2009 at 10:07 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:08 AM
Super-Experienced

Coral has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57ford/60thunderbird View Post
here ya go cathie, a link to 3 int pics of my birdy if you want clearer up close shots let me know ill get them for you as i said my code is 54 http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLan...localeid=en_US

these pics were takin before i cleaned it up
Yowzers man - I remember seeing that picture before now...
I agree with you on the color combo with this car...I have a feeling they ran around much the the Emperor with no clothes

I might take you up on a close up just for better color picking, I will let you know though, THANKS!!

What color are you thinking of going on the interior?
Old 05-19-2009, 11:09 AM
Experienced

57ford/60thunderbird is on a distinguished road

cathie, well im planning on painting the car gulf coast aqua a color from 1969 mustangs with either a creamish or white top and the interrior will be either turquoise/white or an off white (bone colored) what do you think?
or maybe go with the factory two tone blue but im not sure howd that look
69 roadrunner
Old 05-19-2009, 12:47 PM
Super-Experienced

hard telling; a white would be just as 'crisp' looking as the aqua - then I would think carrying the same white into the headliner and seats with a softer aqua/turquoise bolsters and a deep based aqua/turquoise for the carpet

One might need to view the whole car on a sunny day

an off white/cream/eggshell would 'soften' the whole look basically making paint more of a focal point - the same bolster color as above, but one could use a soft black carpet as well

I can poke about and try setting up some fabric color samples together and post them later...
Old 05-19-2009, 06:39 PM
Experienced

vernz is on a distinguished road

The pictures of the code 84 - tan leather seats and two tone door panels - are from my car. If there are other pictures that would help just let me know and I'll take them. As for interest in interiors. I need tan leather seats for the 60 sunroof and seats and door panels for my 59 j-bird. One question. The black bolsters on my white/black interior of the 59 are good, it is just the white seat part that needs to be replaced. Can these be remade just replacing the white seating part?

Vern
Old 05-19-2009, 07:03 PM
Experienced

57ford/60thunderbird is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral View Post
hard telling; a white would be just as 'crisp' looking as the aqua - then I would think carrying the same white into the headliner and seats with a softer aqua/turquoise bolsters and a deep based aqua/turquoise for the carpet

One might need to view the whole car on a sunny day

an off white/cream/eggshell would 'soften' the whole look basically making paint more of a focal point - the same bolster color as above, but one could use a soft black carpet as well

I can poke about and try setting up some fabric color samples together and post them later...

my headliner right now is in remarkable shape no rips tears or split threads and its kind of a off white and since its not trashed i dont see a reason to mess with it (ya know if its not broke dont fix it type thing) so ill prolly go with an interrior color close to my headliner and then do the outer top in a obviously different shade or something for contrast

but i am thinking the bird almost cries for a 2 toned interrior soo i'll havta think onit some more
69 roadrunner
Old 05-19-2009, 07:19 PM
Super-Experienced and Proud Kentuckian who bleeds Ford Blue.

Richard D. Hord is on a distinguished road

Hey Guys,
I took the door panel off Christine Sunday. I don't know about the fiber board behind the door trim in the '58-'59, but the fiber board in Christine '60 Thunderbird is molded
I hope this does not put a kink in your plans!
Registry #33436
Old 05-20-2009, 02:12 AM
Super-Experienced

molded! EWeeeee!
In the Pristine Christine?

Nope, not changing my plans, not going with absorbent material to replace it...it will cost a pinch more than the regular stuff, but since IT won't be sucking air/moisture/dirt through the upholstery - everything will last longer and be cleaner.

as for 57ford/60tbird's post:
we can do: need a close up pic of the headliner to grab the color - or run to a paint store and grab some sample color strips and match to the best ability - it might be a "smoother" look to make the landau match rather than different/conflicting - but thats my opinion - add three cents and you can get yer self a hunk o'Bazooka.....LOL
Old 05-20-2009, 09:48 AM
Experienced

chewrocks is on a distinguished road

Check this interior out Cathie. This is a tastefully done restomod. I personally love the car and everything about it... except for the bezel around the radio. The door panels and seats are real nice.

http://www.mustangandfords.com/featu.../photo_08.html
Old 05-20-2009, 12:23 PM
Super-Experienced

Good Night Irene!
that car is ON THE GROUND

how do you drive it anywhere like that?

It IS a beautiful work of art though