No announcement yet.

MPG

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

MPG

Hello I was wondering what is the average mpg for a 1960 thunderbird? I am only getting around 10 mpg (city) is this normal?
    \

All users please post your mpg below

Thanks
    Karl

RE: MPG

For the most part.........yes .............you can improve it a little by adding an electronic ignition...........or a tune up. Change your air filter........new pugs gapped CORRECTLY. Other than that .......Im afraid as most of us here know.........you own an old fashion gas guzzler...........and if your car has a Lincoln 430???.........there is nothing you can do about MPG.

Comment

• Alexander
      Webmaster
      • Oct 30 2002

10mpg in the city is the norm for me. On a flat highway at 55, I can get 15 to 17mpg. These cars needed the overdrive transmission to be able to achieve over 20mpg.

Alexander
      1959 Hardtop
      1960 Golde Top
      Alexander
      1959 Hard Top
      1960 Golde Top
      sigpic

Comment

• 1960Bird
        Experienced
        • Dec 4 2002

Depending upon the position of my right foot..7-10 miles per gallon in town.

Steve Ronk
        Cedar Rapids, Iowa
        1960 HT 390, Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake, Shorty Headers, 2-1/2" Exhaust and 3.70 Rear Gears
        390, Mild Cam, Headers, 3.70 rear, 2-1/2" Exhaust, Edelbrok Performer RPM Intake, Holley Street Avenger 670 Carburetor, One Wire Alt, Petronix Ignition. She's All Go and No Show.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎