X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Lisa~kavook84 Is Selling Her Dads 60Tbird

Lisa has informed me that her Dad's 1960 Tbird is for sale. Unfortunately, her Dad passed away recently.She said in an email to me.. "This car has been sitting for many years and looks to me like it has all power windows etc.. don't know if it works or not..the car has sat untouched since the 70's in my Dad's back yard..I attached more pictures for you to see..all the tires are flat and I can't find the key to test the car..it does have a air conditioning unit on it don't know if it works or not..This is I am sure a big project for someone..or just for parts..but seems all there except a air filter...and side mirror..I really appreciate your help.. Thank you so much.."

Here is what I know about the car. It's VIN# is 0Y71Y100242 It has a 352CI engine in it, a 4 Barrel carb and a COM tranny. Time and the weather have gotten to it.

It's Data Plate info breaks down like this. A 63A-2Dr HT, Color-M - Corinthian White, Trim-85 - Red Leather, Date-17J or 17 Sept.'59 (an early production car), Tran-4 - COM, Axle-3 - 3.10. There is not much more I can tell you about the car. Lisa has not been able to turn it over because she does not have the key and she does not know where it is.

She would like you to give her an idea of what to ask for it, based on the pictures and what she knows about it. To my knowledge, it is an all original Tbird. Rather than post here with your estimate of it's value, please send her a Private Message (PM). The car resides in Fresno, so if any of you in California are close to her and would like to look it over and evaluate it for her, please contact her and make arrangements. Here are the pictures..
    Attached Files
    Last edited by YellowRose; July 12, 2009, 10:58 AM.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • tbird430
    Super-Experienced
    • Jun 18 2007

That car will need alot. What really catches my eye though (besides the leather interior & the AC), is the VIN#.
    This is a very early run bird, #242 in fact!!!

It also has some kind of added on PCV system on the 352cid too.

-Jon
    Last edited by tbird430; June 10, 2009, 01:49 PM.
    sigpic
    The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

I missed that. It is a loaded up one. Prob has the booster under the dash with that ## I wonder if the hash marks are studs or screws?

Comment

• YellowRose
        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Yes, being an early model, it probably does have the power booster under the dash. Also it probably has the screw on hash marks, I would think.

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

• bird 60
          Super-Experienced
          • Mar 18 2009

Power booster

I was under the impression that all SquareBirds with Air Con had the Power Booster under the dash. I know that the early '60s rear emblems were screwed in, but does any one know when they were fastened from the inside of the trunk. Was it after a certain number or month.?

Chris....From the Land of OZ.

Comment

I've seen air cars with the booster outside must be later ones or add power brakes. For the hash marks My vin is 114536 Build date Nov.20 1959. and I have studs. So we're getin closer.

Comment

• 57ford/60thunderbird
              Experienced
              • May 4 2009

thats a shame if i was closer........
              57 ford sedan
              60 thunderbird registry number 33404
              69 mustang coupe
              69 roadrunner

Comment

Me To. I'd buy it

Comment

• Coral
                  Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

well, its too late..... sold on ebay for 1300.00

...as long as the buyer finishes up their end of the bargain...

Comment

• YellowRose
                    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Hi Cathie,

Thanks for letting me know that Lisa sold her Dad's Tbird. I hope the deal goes through for her. By the way... I use 2 !! because I like a person... Only one if not...!! Joking....

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎