This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:55 AM
Super-Experienced

Coral has disabled reputation

Ray!

dunno, its all I can spit out right now, LOL
Old 08-07-2009, 10:24 AM
Super-Experienced

tarps3 is on a distinguished road

i bet it will get better gas mileage!

and it's definitely easier to work on.

Good job Ray!

now THAT'S a custom TBIRD!!!
Old 08-07-2009, 12:01 PM
Super-Experienced and Proud Kentuckian who bleeds Ford Blue.

Richard D. Hord is on a distinguished road

Hey Ray,
I think the world of you, but that is ugly!
Richard D. Hord
Registry #33436
Old 08-07-2009, 12:16 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default My Interior Work On Rose Has Started

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! I bet the person who owns it thinks it is a beautiful thing in his or her eyes. I had stopped at a Stop N Rob on the way back from SouthWest Chrome Plating, for a snack and a root beer. When I came out, that was sitting off to my right. Luckily, I had my camera with me and got a shot of it quickly. I figured I would have some fun with that picture, and so far, I have!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 08-10-2009, 05:03 PM

Default My Interior Work On Rose Continues...

The back seat back rest has been nearly completed. I am waiting for a replacement rear drivers side arm rest form to come in from Bird Nest to replace the broken one. When I get it, Danny will replace that the broken one after he covers the new one. The back seat back rest is looking good! Now he is working on taking the old foam pad off the back seat bench seat. Here is the link to the interior work and the new pictures I just posted. We found the FOMOCO Part Nr's for the bench seat foam pad in a big circle in the middle of the center section, but no ROT sheet... Yet....

http://thunderbirds.fortunecity.com/...rdInterior.htm

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 08-11-2009, 09:13 PM
Super-Experienced

bird 60 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Hi Ray,

The interior is starting to take shape, & is looking good.

How far are you going with your Restoration? All the way?

Chris....From the Land of OZ.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:57 AM

Default My Interior Work On Rose Has Started

Hi Chris! The interior work being done on Rose involves a new headliner, new rear side panels, re-covered metal pieces at the windows, a re-covered "horseshoe" as I call it, that wrap around piece around the back seat back rest, re-covered package tray, and re-covered arm rests. Both the back rest and the bench seat foams have been replaced with a set from Jed. Everything in the interior is being re-done.

The front seats will have new foam pads on them, also from Jed. The seats will be-recovered. The door panels will be replaced with new ones and recovered. Same for the white kick plates in front of the doors. The dashpad will be dyed a new color, as will be the center console. The carpeting will be replaced to match the main interior color. New Tbird floor mats will go down to replace these old black Ford ones that I now have. I will probably put down clear plastic runners with grippers behind the front seats to protect the carpeting back there. The floor mats up front should protect the front carpeting well enough.

The trunk will be redone to match the interior... There will be some other features both in the interior and the trunk that you will see once it is finished and I post the pictures... This will not be an original '59 interior installation. There is a bit of '60's in it, and a some of it will be customized. There will be some surprises coming once it is completed. The back seat back rest is in and looks very nice. He is working on the bench seat now.

One thing I meant to do, and forgot to do so, was order the original '59 headliner. So he put in the standard white headliner that he uses on most classic cars he does. After he got it in, I realized that I had forgotten to order the original material, so it stays.

When the interior is done, sometime down the road, it will go into the paint shop to have the exterior painted to match the interior. And my "new" rims I got from Casey, and the Ford Dog Dish hub caps, and the beauty rings will go on the car. When they paint they will have to take good precautions to cover my interior with plastic and seal it off. I opted for painting last because the last thing I wanted to happen was the interior guy tell me that they accidentally banged a seat frame against the paint job as they were taking it out or putting it in. Or something like that. I did not want to put the interior guy in the position of damaging a new paint job. I know the painter can seal off the car and cover the interior well enough to protect it.

Yes, and I know that I left out some details, such as what colors is the interior being done in, and the exterior being painted in. In a few more weeks, as you watch the web page, you will have your answer!

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 08-12-2009, 02:40 AM

Anders is on a distinguished road

Looks good, Sounds great. Canīt wait!
http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158
Old 08-12-2009, 09:14 AM
Super-Experienced and Proud Kentuckian who bleeds Ford Blue.

Richard D. Hord is on a distinguished road

Hey Ray,
We can't wait, get us some pictures A.S.A.P.
Richard D. Hord
Registry #33436
Old 08-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Super-Experienced

bird 60 is on a distinguished road

Sounds good so far Ray, but you didn't mention anything about the Engine Bay. Things happening there as well?

Chris From the Land of OZ.