Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dream Weaver
    • Oct 10 2010

Dash pad

OK guys so I am getting ready to replace the dash pad on my 60 hard top. Since new pads are only available in black or white, and I need turquoise, there will be some dying involved. However I can not find any place that carries the 1960 turquoise dye. I've looked in MAC's, Concourse, Larry's, The Bird Nest, Thunderbird Headquarters, T-Bird sanctuary and Pat Wilson,s. Does anyone know of any other source where this product can be found? I am trying to restore to original specs and really would like to come as close as possible. Any help will be appreciated.
  • jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Just about any auto paint store can mix the correct color if you bring them a sample. I just did the dash in my '59 with SEM Ultra Turquoise Marine Vinyl Coat. It was a hair darker than the original. I'm not sure how close it would match the '60 turquoise. Here's a link to it.

John
    Last edited by jopizz; March 16, 2012, 08:22 PM.
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• Dream Weaver
      • Oct 10 2010

Thanks for the info this looks like it is very close to the color I'm looking for. I'll be visiting my local supplier where I had the paint matched this weekend to see what they can do.

Comment

• partsetal
        Super-Experienced
        • Jun 4 2005

I've had my paint supply house scan some unfaded interior piece and mix it using Dupont vinyl paint. Great match, but expensive. If the SEM paints don't suit you, this might be an option.
        Carl

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎