X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Thunderbird FE Engines

Dave, thanks for creating the FE Engine Forum and the Y-Block Engine Forum in the Little Bird Forum. Now we have forums just for our engines, as we do for the 430MEL Engine. It looks nice! Now lets put it to use!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

I have much respect for FE engines because they are Ford's most versatile and popular engine ever built, parts are still produced by major companies, and prices are still reasonable.

Alexander started the 430 MEL Forum because it was not as 'common' in Squarebirds as FE engines.

Now that we include Little Birds with Y-Blocks on our site, it is necessary to recognize FE's as the granddaddy engine that powered so many Fords since 1958. I believe FE engines had the longest run and were used over the widest range of Ford products, and it is still a great engine.

We need to recognize that Ford changed the FE's. They started with solid lifters and changed to hydraulic. Then the blocks, cams, and timing gears were re-engineered after the Squarebird era. Alexander posted a thread regarding true roller chains, and how Squarebird FE engines can be retrofit.

Someone want to start a thread about cams?
    How about another thread regarding, transmissions, starters and flywheels? - Dave
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎