X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Ceramic Coated 352 Headers

Bill ~ FINSRIN sent me this information in email last night.

"Figured you would like to see these pictures.
    Bought a set of headers from Ford Powertrain Applications. They are designed for 352 in Squarebird. Got them ceramic coated and plan to install next week.
    Tbird currently has stock manifolds with 2 inch pipes and glasspacks.
    Headers will connect to 2 1/2 inch mandrel bent pipes and Magnaflow mufflers. Have 2 1/2 inch pipes (replaced 2 inch) with Magnaflows on 59 Cadillac and works great. Is obvious improvement when freeway cruising.
    After driving Thunderbird a bit will tell you my impressions of the difference.

Bill"

Here are the pix.

Attached Files

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • cdhowell
    Apprentice
    • Jun 15 2011

Very nice. Do they come with the secondary side of the collector?

Comment

Fpa ...

makes a nice header. I think you will like them. Are you planing on using a X or H pipe on your system? Mike

Comment

• 619Square
        Apprentice
        • Aug 20 2009

Any pictures with them on the car??? Would love to see them!!!
        --------------------------------
        1960 Thunderbird
        Been in my family since 1961
        Portland, OR

Comment

• RustyNCa
          Super-Experienced
          • May 31 2007

So are those babies still really expensive?

That has to be a 200% improvement over the manifolds we all have stock.....

Comment

• FINSRIN
            Experienced
            • Aug 7 2010

Headers - exhaust is on car

The came with end piece having 6-8 or so inches of 2.5 inch pipe. All pipes are now 2.5' replacing 2' that was there when bought car a year ago (no H pipe). Now has H pipe and Magnaflow mufflers. Plus illuminated tips with 59 roof emblem mounted on top. At highway speeds it obviously accelerates better like from 60 to 75. Around 45-50 mph there is a drone that goes away quickly above that and cruises without a noise issue. Has more power all around though does not make it a muscle car.

Stock manifolds had slight leak hiss. Minor, but could only get worse. At least one manifold would have come off for machining/new gasket/remounting($$$). So made leap to all new system. Had exhaust leak/hiss like that from failing gasket on 72 F100 360. Know the sound. That noise is gone.

Will take under hood picture and post it in a day or two.
            Any questions - post and I will answer.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎