X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hawkrod
    Experienced
    • Oct 31 2005

Rust free 1960 For body parts

I have had this car for a few months and had not got around to posting it but it is a solid rust free California car with beautiful floors and fenders. I kept the hood trunk lid and doors for my car. Basically it is 4 fenders although one has some bondo from an accident on the right rear fender (right abve the wheel well and forward, it was a crease) all the floors front to rear including spare well, the cowl, Front inner and lower panels, frame rails/components and the roof (which is currently cut at the rear under the moulding but not at the front. It also has really nice clean suspension components if you are looking to get rid of rusty pitted parts on a show car. Most parts would have to go Greyhound or Forward and be crated and I will not cut patches from a panel unless you are buying the whole panel (these are too nice to cut, trust me). Specific pictures available on request. Hawkrod tcherry3=AT=AOL.com (replace the =AT= with @)
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

RE: Rust free 1960 For body parts

How much for the upper and lower control arms shipped to New York? Please PM me.

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

• Hawkrod
      Experienced
      • Oct 31 2005

OOPS, forgot the picture! [img src="http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/259957/fullsize/dsc00120.jpg"]

Comment

• frank58
        Super-Experienced
        • May 28 2006

Hawkrod, As I posted in another thread to you, I would like as much of the nose as possible.. I am in Connecticut, where are you located? Maybe Alexander and I should make a joint purchase.
        Thanks..........

Comment

• Hawkrod
          Experienced
          • Oct 31 2005

I scheduled a couple of days late next week to start the teardown on this car. I will look it over and see how I am going to take it apart and identify any damage so I can quote prices. Hawkrod

Comment

• frank58
            Super-Experienced
            • May 28 2006

That sounds great, thanks.
            by the way.... where are you located?

Comment

• Hawkrod
              Experienced
              • Oct 31 2005

Well, you want rust free? I live in the Mojave desert! I live in Apple Valley California and its 102 right now. We don't worry about rust because you have to have moisture for that to happen! Around here you can spit into the wind because it will evaporate before it blows back! LOL Hawkrod

Comment

• frank58
                Super-Experienced
                • May 28 2006

Oh,I know Apple Valley... I was in Hesperia last year for a week... and my <gulp> ex lives in AV.... heh, heh, small world.

Comment

• Hawkrod
                  Experienced
                  • Oct 31 2005

I was hoping to drag the car out tomoorow and start on it but my wife had to go out of town unexpectedly so it will probably be Tuesday before she will be able to help me tow it out so I can work on it. Sorry for the delay, Hawkrod

Comment

• Hawkrod
                    Experienced
                    • Oct 31 2005

Just to let you guys know, I have started to strip this thing down and hopefully will be done stripping and cutting it up by early next week. I pulled all the bolt on body parts that I am keeping and I pulled all the wiring and seats. I have the engine unbolted but still sitting in there because I am going to need a friend to help (I hate doing really heavy stuff alone!). Suspension and chassis small stuff and then I take the sawzall to it! Hawkrod

Comment

• frank58
                      Super-Experienced
                      • May 28 2006

Hey Hawkrod, everyone takes pictures of their restorations, how about a few shots of the sawzall doing it's thing? Or would that be deemed too shocking for some of us to see.

Comment

• Hawkrod
                        Experienced
                        • Oct 31 2005

I wish you had said something yesterday as i could have taken pictures while I was starting to cut. I will take some as i go. I won't get far this week because I just realized I am leaving for Reno tomorrow. I didn't realize Hot august Nights car show was already here, not only do I need 30 hour days, I need 8 day weeks! I can't keep up with all I have to do these days! LOL Hawkrod

Comment

• frank58
                          Super-Experienced
                          • May 28 2006

Have fun in Reno (you lucky #%%@!)

Comment

• pirate
                            • Mar 28 2004

I need the front and rear seats if available for a 58. Mine seem to have gotten legs when I was having them redone. I have two 63 seats in front and nothing in the rear. I just need something i can have redone.

Ed Orton

Comment

• Hawkrod
                              Experienced
                              • Oct 31 2005

I do have the front and rear seats. Unfortunately I do not have tracks for the drivers front (or passenger, they are the same left and right) as I am keeping the power seat unit. I will make you a great deal! I got sidetracked by several major projects and I am just finally getting back to cutting the car up and all that is now left is the front section with the engine sitting in it and front suspension on it. I have a guy coming over to help me tomorrow and hopefully I will be done! Here are some pictures of the various parts. It turned out that the passenger side was all bondo and had been hit pretty hard at some point so I could not save those panels but I did cut some nice patch panels out of them The drivers side front and rear fenders are beauties as are the floors. this was a truly rust free car. Here are a few pics and I will try and get some more up tomorrow. Hawkrod

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎