• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • triple60squares
    Experienced
    • Jan 25 2013

my newest 60

hello all heres alink to my newest 60 hardtop
    it was built on may 10th in wixom 352 auto corinithian white with red leather its a dirty bird right now having set out side the last 2years and being hauled to my house on an open trailer through the snow and slush we had yesterday

spent the day cleaning up the garage and making the old bird roll freely the front brakes were adjusted out to where the drums wouldnt spin and the pass side front had abroken spring and one was just hanging inside the drum

but got all the wheels turning now and rolled her into the garage and i just had to clean the muck off the windows and soo it begins cleaning her up fixing the brake issues getting the radiator installed tuning her up putting some type of 15" aftermarket wheels on it and start driving and having some fun

ok enough shootin the breeze here the link to 63 pics of "snowbird" thats her name for now

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
    60 hardtop royal burgundy/ colonial white top
    60 hardtop colonial white/red leather
    60 convertable PARTS CAR will trade convert parts for hardtop parts
  • Dakota Boy
    Super-Experienced
    • Jun 30 2009

well that should keep you at home (in the garage) and out of trouble for a while
    http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33517

Comment

• triple60squares
      Experienced
      • Jan 25 2013

Originally posted by Dakota Boy
      well that should keep you at home (in the garage) and out of trouble for a while
      me? get in trouble?.....nah ....i am trouble lol
      60 hardtop royal burgundy/ colonial white top
      60 hardtop colonial white/red leather
      60 convertable PARTS CAR will trade convert parts for hardtop parts

Comment

I've certainly seen worse ...

Time to sharpen up your metal bending and body work skills, or find someone who has them. Be sure to follow the body rot as far as it goes. Pretty important on a uni-body car. They all start at the beginning. Thanks for saving another Squarebird. Mike

Comment

• simplyconnected
          Administrator
          • May 26 2009

Originally posted by gaffney1951
          Time to sharpen up your metal bending and body work skills, or find someone who has them. Be sure to follow the body rot as far as it goes. Pretty important on a uni-body car. They all start at the beginning. Thanks for saving another Squarebird. Mike
          I agree. Start on the rockers because it will straighten out your doors.

Follow posts from others who have done this as it is very common. The area just in front of the door and behind the front wheel is also prone to rot.

Hey, we are both in the Rust Belt, and these 50 yr-old cars are amazing to hold up even twenty of our winters. All the metal is good thickness, so it is easy to work with. Typically, the rocker areas underneath will be gone, so our guys replace the missing steel with a 2" X 4" rectangular steel channel that runs from the front tire to the rear tire, on both sides. These would be your new Side Rails that hold up the mid section.

Thanks for taking lots of good sharp pictures. I was amazed to see your car wearing a trailer hitch with power shoe brakes. The OEM brakes are not the best, even when new. Some of our members have retrofit power disk brakes with a dual master cylinder.

I love your project. Our members have extensive restoration experience and skills, and we are eager to help you any way we can. Most of the parts you need are still available as new repopped, or used OEM parts. Feel free to post often and keep those pics coming. - Dave
          Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
          --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Anders
            Super-Experienced
            • Jan 19 2008

Looks like a challange project. Wish you the best of luck!!
            sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
            http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎