X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 59thunder
    Experienced
    • Jul 14 2006

1959 Door seals

hi all on the home run, almost finished the build, can i have some advice and pictures please

Door seal,
    I purchased a pair of door seals from tb headquarters they both seem about 4 to 6 inches too long . i have taped them on to the door to prefit before glueing . I would have thought the door seal would have been tight?

Could someone post a clear picture of there door seals?

Next..... Top door seal to a pillar this is the one that you fit under the two tabs on the front of the door...

Could someone post a clear picture of this too please

Thanks Tony
  • Dakota Boy
    Super-Experienced
    • Jun 30 2009

Door seal = Start at the vent window first. When you get about mid-way on the bottom side of the door, cut it into two pieces. Now take the other end that starts above the door latch and work it down underneath the door until the ends meet. You will have a few inches extra to remove at that point.

Be advised: Some people (including myself) have received door gaskets that were too "fat" at the dogleg area...and then the door wouldnt close. I had to trim mine down with a razor blade.

As for the dogleg seal: There are a couple screws by the drain holes. Not sure why theyre needed cuz the gasket is glued there, but whatever. Leave the tail end unglued so you can just tuck it into the stainless steel trim piece. Here is a photo:
    Attached Files
    http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33517

Comment

• 59thunder
      Experienced
      • Jul 14 2006

Thks very much for the picture, i will leave mine taped for a week to settle then i will glue them

This is not the best job, has any one tried double sided 3m tape on this seal?

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎